二十六

Wei ying had dozed off the second his head hit the pillow. The scent there in jingshi smelt like heaven to wei ying. "Lan Zhan." Wei ying called lan Zhan who was a removing a very sleepy wei ying's robes to change his bandages. "Mn" lan Zhan said looking up at wei ying. "I turn seventeen tomorrow. We are one year closer to our wedding now." Wei ying said drowsily.

Lan zhan's ears turned red when he mentioned the wedding part. When did time pass by so fast it. "Shameless" lan Zhan said. "Just for you lan er gege. Now quick give me a kiss." Wei ying said pulling lan Zhan towards him.

Lan Zhan pulled him in for a quick peck in his lips "remember lan Zhan everyday means everyday" wei ying whispered in lan zhan's ears.

" Mark your words wei ying." Lan Zhan said voice deeper than usual. " I will lan er gege" wei ying said giggling. Wei Ying just thought that 'everyday means everyday' is just kissing. But, oh how much was he going to regret it in the future.

Lan Zhan just smirked at wei ying before kissing his forehead. Suddenly a disciple entered jingshi which caused lan Zhan to get up with a frustrated sigh. "Second young master lan, grandmaster qiren has immediately summoned you in fragrance hall."the disciple said.

Lan Zhan tensed when he heard that because his uncle never calls him at such an untimely hour. "Mn" he replied before the disciple left.

Wei ying just stared at lan Zhan who changed his bandages at a little quicker pace which made wei Ying hiss in pain. "Lan zhan let me come with you." Wei ying asked lan Zhan who quickly got up ready to leave jingshi.

"Later." He said and left. Wei ying sighed and drifted off to a dreamless sleep.

Lan Zhan , when walking towards the fragrance hall was worried very worried 'what could have happened?' lan Zhan kept on thinking. He did not wish for his worst fears to come true.

When he reached the hall he saw his uncle, brother and jiang wanyin. "Uncle" he greeted lan qiren "wangji... please sit." Lan qiren said and wangji did sit next to his brother, who had a frown in his face.

"Wangji, we are ashamed to inform you that the prisoners escaped today." Xichen told lan Zhan who had his cold stoic face as usual.

Lan Zhan had felt his world still it had stopped for that moment. "How?" Lan Zhan asked them. Jiang cheng was angry he kept on clenching his sword.

"We don't know about that. But none of the disciples were hurt." Xichen said sighing in his place. " What are we going to do now." Jiang cheng said clutching onto his head trying not to pull his hair.

" We wait for them to attack." Qiren said face ice cold. "Mn" lan Zhan said plotting a plan in his mind. "You must be kidding me right now!" Jiang cheng said clearly enraged. " I'm taking him with me!" Jiang cheng said which made their eyes widen.

"Jiang wanyin you can't do that." Xichen said looking at the man eyes wide. "And why can't I! He's my brother it's my priority to do so."

"He's my brother's fated mate. Do you think they can stay away from eachother." Xichen said looking at wanyin who was fuming right now.

"Fine. But take care or else I take him back to yunmeng." Jiang cheng replied to him glaring at lan Zhan. "It's wei ying's birthday tomorrow." Lan Zhan cut all of them off and started a whole new conversation.

"My brother's life is in danger and that's all you care about right now." Jiang cheng said and glared at him. " I will protect wei Ying and yes." Lan Zhan replied.

Xichen had wanted laugh at this but controlled anyways. Suddenly jiang cheng grinned at lan Zhan evilly before saying "oh wait did I mention that my dear brother sleepwalks. Almost everyday." Lan zhan's eyes twitched when he heard that. " What do you mean by that." Lan xichen asked him clearly amused.