一 (edited)

Wei Wuxian had always had his own set of rules. He was the infamous head disciple of Yunmeng Jiang, a warrior who had promised himself that he was going to lead a life without any regrets.

The teen was known for his moonlit eyes which twinkled brighter than stars, which he had inherited from his mother. His infectious smile which left even the coldest people melting into a puddle. And, his face so perfect that one would think he was crafted by the god's themselves. Wei Ying was one of gods flawless creation. And, there was no doubting it.

He captured everybody's heart and left no one behind. To some Wei Ying was like the sun, always shining in all its glory with no dull side of its own.

Wei Ying was like a warm hug on a cold day. Atleast, it was how people remembered him.

Present,

"Wei Wuxian was dropped down the burial mounds!", The man finally gave in to the days of torture that he was exposed to, he blurted it out as soon as the disciple was ordered to kill him.

Hearing him say those words made Lan Wangji feel sick to his stomach. As if life was playing a pathetic joke on him, he felt his world come crashing down. Wei Ying, his soulmate had been thrown into the burial mounds. He was pushed into the unforgiving grounds of the burial mounds.

As soon as the truth came out he started hearing the murmurs of people at a distant. They had made sure to stay away from him as they whispered amongst themselves about the great tragedy that had occured.

' There's no way that Wei Wuxian would have survived the fall.', one of them whispered. Them speaking behind his back did nothing to make things better for him, it only elevated his anger tenfold. It wasn't for them to deem if his soulmate was dead or not. Wei Wuxian wasn't their saviour nor the man who was going to be the bane of their existence. He was simply someone who had been caught in a crossfire between a war of several sects. He was only trying to protect innocent civilians of his clan.

He only did what he was the best at. He was willing to sacrifice his whole life to the people around him. He was paying a debt which did not exist or make any sense.

He did not understand why his existence bothered them so much to the point that they talked about him every second they found themselves far from the unforgiving eyes of Lan Wangji.

Looking at Suibian in one hand and Bichen on the other. Lan Wangji did what he wanted to at that very moment, he unsheathed Bichen and ran the sharp blade across the man's neck slitting his neck open, the man couldn't believe what had just happened. The shock was a little too much for him to handle, his eyes blew wide open and stared into Lan Wangji's golden eyes which had some sort of a sick satisfaction in them that only he could see as he took his last breaths.

And, with that everything was gone. The man in front of him fell sideways.

The man's death bought him no happiness. It did not make things any better. Lan Wangji was out for blood, and he was only going to stop when he got to kill Wen Chao for what he had done. He was going to make it slow and painful, perhaps even worse than what would feel like a death sentence. Because that's what he deserved. Wen Chao deserved a punishment worse than death.

Jiang Wanyin; who stood next to him looked understandably horrified. He could see his hands shaking and his eyes welling up almost instantly. He could not believe what had just happened, he hadn't seen his brother in three months. Of those three gruelling months he had done whatever it took in his power to find where his brother was. And, it had all gone vain. It was as if Wei Wuxian did not exist anymore. Of the three months that he tried to find Wei Ying's whereabouts everything had lead to a dead end. Wei Ying was completely off the map, as if he had never even existed before.