Present

Wei ying had tried his best concentrating but lan zhan's smell was alluring , he smelled of fresh sandalwood perfect for wei ying's sensitive nose.

"Lan Zhan" wei ying said lan zhan had not replied " lan Zhan lan wangji listen to me" wei ying whined. " Mn" lan Zhan had finally replied. " Why do you smell of sandalwood? I want to smell like that too". Wei ying said with a bright smile.

Lan zhans ears turned red how can he tell that to wei ying that it was just him that could smell lan zhan's sandalwood smell. He couldn't possibly tell wei ying that their soul bond was becoming stronger. Wei ying had already started despising him because of their bethroal.

"Boring" lan Zhan said listening to what he had just said wei ying pouts. "Fuddy duddy" wei ying whispers to himself of course lan Zhan had heard him he chose not reply. Even though lan qiren had told lan Zhan to discipline the man , he couldn't because it was wei ying his behaviour is what had made lan Zhan fall for him.

Giving up on his life decisions wei ying decided to meditate. This time he hadn't heard any screams or whispers it was silent , dead silent.

After an hour lan Zhan had told wei ying to get up and go have some food. " Aiya finally I can leave that fuddy duddy and eat happily" wei ying said he didn't know why he felt bad when he said that. Ruffling his hair he had left to meet his shijie.

"Aiya shijie why have you made vegetables I wanted soup not this bland congee" wei ying whined. Yanli just smiled and said " it's good for your health wei ying you have to eat it." Wei ying's pout got even wider. " Fine just this once I want soup afterwards" yanli smiled and said " anything for A'xian"

After eating wei ying had left to go for training the disciples. "Aah your aren't supposed to dodge like that you will get killed in less than a minute!" Wei ying said to the young disciple who had a tough time handling his sword.

The disciple nodded his head and started practicing. "Nevermind I'm tired I'm going back" wei ying saod feeling fatigued. When he entered lotus cove he felt dizzier but still maintained his posture and kept on walking.

He saw Jiang cheng standing in front of him with his sword. "Aah did you go have alcohol again. You shouldn't have your already sick ." Jiang cheng said looking up to him. Wei ying replied smiling sadly he looked sick and pale this was not the usual wei ying "I'm fine A'cheng I didn't have any alcohol today".

"Sure you are fine wei ying now go get some sleep you look incredibly pale." Jiang cheng said when wei ying started walking he stumbled upon his brother A'cheng was quick enough to catch him.

"I will take you to your room wei wuxian " Jiang cheng huffed.

After dropping his brother off he went to the room where he was when wei ying had dropped by. "What happened?" Wen qing asked when he entered he saw lan xichen , wangji and wen qing standing there.

"It's getting worse I even saw his eyes turning red today". A'cheng said. " We have to make him control it" A'cheng said. " Don't worry young master wangji is already taking care of it with his zither by playing the music of clarity this has ought to keep young master wei under control." Zewu Jun said. Jiang cheng had said nothing but nodded his head. He sighed and sat down. The night had went by with silence.

None of them knew what the future had in account for them. Especially the young wei Wuxian's fate. Wherever he was trouble would always find him.

A month had passed by quickly after threatening wei ying with dogs and his independence he had agreed to meditate with lan Zhan and train.

Wei ying had shown great improvement for a person with no golden core wei ying could take down an elephant. He was no longer on the verge of losing his temperament that easily but one day he did almost lose control when he heard of the peacock mistreating his shijie.