Chapter 12

Beep. Beep. Beep.
The heart monitor signaled I was still alive.
I heard people talking and decided to pretend I was still asleep.
"She's been under so much emotional stress, I don't think she'll be able to take to much more." Dr. Ootori was here.
"So that means...?" The twins spoke in unison and waved there hands around.
"Oliver may not stay in Japan for very long. I don't know how she got here, or why she's here, but she's going to have to go back to America."
wHaT
I shot up in the hospital bed with my eyes wide open, "No. I'm not going back to America. I'm not going to sit in bed every night, waiting for a friend who went out to never return! Do you know what it's like?! Having a friend go to the store or take out the trash and get killed?! It's horrible! It's torture! You think being watched every second of your life is fun?! I'd rather be killed!"
As soon as those words left my mouth I regretted it. everyone was staring at me with wide eyes, their mouths practically on the floor. I had never told anyone about my daily torture, and now everyone knew. let the pity party begin.
"This is why I want you to go back to America." tHaT lItTlE bItCh Is gOnNa GeT iT!
Just when I was about to leap up in my bed and strangle the life out of my stupid doctor, I was restrained and sat on.
Mitsukuni sat on my stomach, shoveling cake into my mouth.
Tamato was holding back the twins from ripping him to shreds and Takashi had his eyes closed, fists tight and he was slightly trembling.
Even Haruhi looked murderous.
Kyouya looked calm, but slightly irritated at his brother.
"I am not going back. even if you do put me back there, I will run away again. I can't keep the people I care for alive when I'm so far away."
"What if we took you to the protection program in France?" He knew just what to ask. damn him.
"Still. you can't take me away."
"Even in France? What about your friends there? Same with your friends in America. what about them?" He was right. I can't protect everyone. Someday it will come down to the fact that I'll have to chose. one group or another.
And that's why I'm scared.

"Well, I think we're done here. Thank you Dr.Ootori, I guess, but we will have to go. I don't want Oliver out of the sight of the Host Club, and no one wants to stay here while you taunt her. So we will see you later." Takashi stated plainly while Kyo-chan took the IVs out and took the breathy tubey thingy off my nose. I've never heard him talk to other people that much! The only time he'd talked like that was on the phone with me or when we were alone.
He picked me up and the Host Club left the room. I was tired and just, so... Done. So once we got to the limousine, I sat on Takashi's lap with my head buried in his chest. he smelt like vanilla. Mmmm... Vanilla. that's my favourite kind of cake!
Slowly and softly, I drifted off to sleep. The club was silent the whole way.