Chapter 24: The Dance

Start from the beginning

"You nervous?" I ask.

"A little bit," he nods.

When we walk in, we see a table set up where a couple of the student council members are selling and taking tickets. Lloyd pulls a few dollars out of his pocket and we both walk up to the table.

"How much are the tickets?" He asks.

"Are you going in alone or do you have a date?" The one girl asks. She seems a little irritated that she even has to interact with us, but I guess we're used to it by now.

"A-a date? Does it matter if I have a date?" Lloyd stammers.

"If you came with a date then the two of you will only need one ticket," she rolls her eyes.

"Oh, uh... yeah... we're going together," Lloyd nods as he points to me, "but just as friends! We're friends... not... we're not a couple..." he nervously confirms. And I just cringe at him.

"...uh-huh...," the girl taps her fingers on the table, "five dollars."

"Yeah... right... okay," Lloyd hands her the money and she gives him the ticket and we start to walk over to the other table near the entrance of the gym so we can give them our ticket.

"What was that?" I snicker.

"What?" Lloyd gets defensive.

"God, you're a mess," I joke.

We hand the people at the table our ticket and we walk into the gym. All of the overhead lights were off and instead there were just bright colored lights hanging from a pole on the ceiling. They would flash and blink along with the music, which was just whatever songs were popular on the pop charts currently. The gymnasiums was big, but when everyone in the entire high school was present, it seemed a lot smaller and a lot more crowded. It kinda smelled like B.O. in here.

There was a mat in the middle of the floor. I'm assuming this was supposed to be some kind of designated dance floor. There were also a few tables off to the left side of the gym that were set up with snacks and drinks. And a few teachers were there to make sure no one was messing around.

"Well, we're here... now what?" I ask.

Lloyd shrugs, "I dunno, I never made it this far," he laughs and I laugh along with him.

"Hey! Lloyd! (Y/N)! Over here!" I hear the sound of Cole's voice shouting our names. We look around and I see him waving his arm over by one of the snack tables as his other arm is holding a bunch of bags of chips and cans of soda.

We walk over and see him along with the rest of our friends.

"So this was the first thing you guys did? Go straight for the snacks?" I chuckle.

"It was Cole's idea," Kai smirks.

Cole would have said something but by the time we came over to the group, he already had his mouth stuffed with snacks.

"Good to see you guys came. I like the outfits," Nya says as she leans against the bleachers.

"Thanks," I smile.