22. Slytherin v. Hufflepuff

*Fred's POV*

I pulled y/n out of the water. She was shaking from the cold water, as were all of the champions. 

"Don't do that ever again y/n!"

I said to y/n as I pulled her into a hug. My warmth was transferring from my body to hers, leaving me cold. Her soaked through clothes were making my clothes wet, but I didn't care. 

"I'm okay Freddie, I promise."

Madam Pomphrey walked up to the two of us.

"Here."

She held two towels out, one for me and one for y/n. She handed us each a drink, and I felt my body warm up immediately. 

"You saved my sister!"

I heard a girl with a thick French accent say. I turned around to see Fleur giving Harry a kiss on the cheek. His face was bright red and I laughed.

"And you two helped!"

Fleur ran over to Ron, kissed him on the cheek, and then walked over to y/n. Ron looked to be in a daze. His fingers were lingering over the spot where Fleur kissed him. Y/n looked surprised.

"O-oh yeah, it was no big deal."

The veela girl grabbed y/n's cheeks and kissed her forehead. Y/n muttered something about it being nothing. Fleur walked away with her little sister, who looked terrified. Y/n walked over to Harry and I followed suit. 

"That was amazing Harry!"

Y/n said as she gave him a hug.

"Brilliant!"

Ron remarked. He proceeded to babble on about Fleur. Everyone was waiting for the judges to announce the scores. We all knew Harry was going to come last, as he was the last one out of the lake. We tried to reassure him. 

"You saved two people, that's got to count for something."

Hermione reasoned.

"But I wasn't supposed to. I came up last, so I'm going to get the least amount of points."

Harry countered. Hermione was about to open her mouth to reply, when Dumbledore cleared his throat. His voice boomed through the stands.

"In first place..."

Dumbledore paused for dramatic affect. Everyone was on the edge of their seat, waiting for him to continue.

"Cedric Diggory!"

Hogwarts students went wild. A series of minutes passed before Dumbledore was able to be heard.

"The second place was hard to award. But, seeing as one student showed excellent moral fiber, we have given the second place spot to Harry Potter. He would have been second had he not been determined to save more than one treasure."

"It's that moral fiber."

George and I said together, making the group laugh.  Everyone was elated that Harry came in second place. He was now overall tied with Cedric for first place in the tournament. Everyone was heading bac to the Gryffindor common room for a party. Our group walked back to the castle, all the while teasing Harry about his 'moral fiber'. Y/n turned the corner leaving the crowd.

"Hey y/n where are you going?"

I inquired.

"Back to my common room. I'm a bit tired, not sure I'm up for a party."

She smiled softly at me and my heart fluttered.

"I'll walk you back to your common room."

"No Freddie, you don't-"