16. Christmas

You woke up in your dorm room. At first you thought you had a bad dream, but it all came rushing back to you. You groaned and remembered what happened. You started to cry when all the memories came flooding back. Neither Liv nor Jamie were in their beds, and for that you were thankful. You heard a knock on your door and you got up to see who it was. You swung the door open to see Hermione. 

"Hey Mione."

You said unenthusiastically. 

"Hey y/n- wait... what happened to you?"

She asked concerned. You forgot that she didn't know. You had walked her to her dorm and she fell asleep shortly after telling you about what Ron did. Hermione seemed to remember last night you were upset too.

"Oh my gosh y/n I'm so sorry! I didn't help you at all last night! I was just so caught up in what happened. I'm the worst friend ever-"

You couldn't help but smile as Hermione rambled.

"It's okay Mione I promise. I wanted to make sure you were okay."

Hermione looked really upset with herself.

"Here I'll tell you all about it after we open presents. It's Christmas Hermione!"

Both of you seemed to forget that it was Christmas. You hugged her as she wished you a happy Christmas. 

"How about we go to Ginny's dorm and open presents there?"

You suggested. Hermione chewed her lip.

"I know neither of us want to see a certain Weasley."

"It's okay. We'll walk in together and just ignore them."

Hermione nodded. You got dressed and walked to the Gryffindor common room. As soon as you and Hermione walked in, everyone's eyes landed on the two of you. Harry, Ron, the twins, Lee, and Neville were all sitting by the fire.

"C'mon Hermione just ignore them." 

You pushed Hermione up the stairs without trouble, but you weren't so lucky. You felt the familiar touch of Fred and tensed up. You turned to look at him. Everyone in the room was silent as everyone watched the two of you.

"What?"

You demanded. Fred's face was full of hurt and regret. You could tell he didn't sleep much.

"Y/n, please can we talk-"

"I have nothing to say to you."

You pulled your arm away and walked up the stairs. You didn't bother turning around to look at Fred. It hurt to be in a fight with your best friend, but you didn't want to keep running back to him. You forced yourself into Ginny's room where Hermione looked at you.

"Fred?"

Ginny asked and all you could do was nod. Ginny came up to you and hugged you. You cried a bit but you quickly pulled yourself together. 

"I'll tell you guys what happened after we open presents. There's no point in being sad. It's Christmas and look it's snowing outside!"

You smiled as you watched the snow fall. You summoned your presents and the three of you started to open the gifts. You got an amazing book on quidditch from Harry, your favorite candy from Ron, a Weasley sweater from Molly, a beautiful book on your favorite subject from Hermione,  and a friendship bracelet from Ginny that you slid on your wrist.

"Thank you guys so much!"

You said. Hermione was clutching the gift you gave her. You got her the new deluxe version of her favorite book, Hogwarts a History. Ginny looked at the necklace you got her and smiled.