19. Amortentia

*Reader's POV*

You woke up to the flash of a camera. You rubbed your eyes and looked up. Ginny was smiling widely with a camera in her hand.

"Buzz off Ginny."

You moaned and rolled over. You remembered you were on top of Fred, George, and Lee. Fred had his arms wrapped around you. Lee and George were cuddling, still asleep. You rolled over, causing Fred to stir. Apparently the bright flash hadn't woken them up. Fred rubbed his thumb on your arm, still asleep. You sat up which woke all the boys up.

"Come on y/n! Why'd you do that?"

Lee groaned as he sat up.

"We have class soon you oaf. Time to get up."

The three boys groaned but got up. Neither George nor Lee seemed bothered by their position. No one had to change since you had fallen asleep in your uniforms. You went up to Lee, George, and Fred's shared room. You freshened up and met the boys downstairs, ready to go to breakfast before classes. The four of you walked into the great hall. You were immediately approached by Snape, McGonagall, and Filch.

"Morning Professors!"

You said brightly. Filch and McGonagall smiled back at you.

"It was those four."

Snape accused.

"Excuse me?"

You said to the rude professor.

"The four of you pulled that unacceptable stunt the other day."

You could see the twins and Lee shifting their weight from foot to foot nervously. 

"Professor Snape, do you have any proof? I am insulted that you think I have time for such immature things as pranking someone, especially a professor."

Snape faltered.

"You have no proof. You are acting on assumptions, which is quite unbecoming."

McGonagall held back a laugh.

"She is right. You have no reason to suspect them."

"I am judging them based on previous merit."

"When have I given you a reason to assume I'd do something as stupid as this."

Snape was silent.

"Life will be very unenjoyable if you continue to judge people for their past actions. Now if you don't mind, we'd like to eat before classes start."

Everyone around you looked shocked. McGonagall smiled at you as the four of you walked past the teachers.

"That was absolutely brilliant!"

George shouted and you couldn't help but laugh.

"I've never seen someone shut Snape up before."

Fred said in awe.

"We better lay off for a while. I just told them you lot had changed, so at least try and make them believe it."

The three boys immediately agreed.

***   

You walked into potions class. Snape's eyes followed you as you sat down. You had to watch what you did, or else he'd give you detention for just looking at him funny.

"Today you will receive new partners. You will be working on the amortentia potion. We have researched this potion for weeks, so I expect nothing less that the best."

You smacked your head with your hand. You didn't want to make the love potion, and you didn't want to get a new partner. Apparently others didn't want a new partner, as the class collectively groaned.

"Another word and I'll assign an essay about the potion as well."

The class closed their mouths and fell silent. Snape read off a piece of parchment as he assigned the partners. He eventually got to my name. I was nervous. Since class was with Hufflepuff's and Slytherins, there weren't many great options for partners.

"Y/n Y/l/n and Draco Malfoy."

You perked up as he read your partner. Snape must've assumed you and Draco were enemies. You looked over to Snape, who looked angry. You got up and walked over to where Draco was sitting.

"Hey y/n. You ready to make the love potion?"

You groaned.

"Absolutely not."

"I'll get the ingredients. You can read ahead and see what the first few steps are."

You nodded as Draco went to get the ingredients. You opened your book and read the first few steps, even though you practically had it memorized from the amount of essays Snape had given. Draco returned with the ingredients, and the two of you got started on the potion.

The two of you finished the potion early, as did most of the class. Everyone finished their potion, and Snape didn't seem too disappointed. The room was silent now that everyone had finished the potion. The sound of two people laughing hysterically broke the silence. Everyone, including Snape, turned to the back of the classroom where the sound came from. It was none other than Nate Williams, your ex. He was laughing with some Hufflepuff girl you had never seen before.

"Williams, Smith!"

Snape yelled as the two flirts turned to face the front.

"Since you two think it's such a good idea to distract my class, you have earned the entire class a punishment. Everyone will go around and say what your amortentia smells like."

The whole classes went silent. Everyone's mouths hung open. You were appalled that Snape would make you do something like this. You were being forced to disclose personal, private information in front of the whole class. Snape asked every person to describe what their potion smelled like. Everyone quietly answered. Snape would always ask the Hufflepuff's to speak up so the whole class could hear. Everyone was mortified. Snape finally got to you.

"Miss y/l/n."

Snape ordered.

"No."

Snape raised an eyebrow, and the whole class gawked at you.

"Excuse me?"

Snape said dangerously.

"I said no. This is absolutely disgusting. You are forcing people to tell the entire class very private information. You are babying your beloved Slytherins, and being unfair to everyone who belongs to a different house."

You insulted the professor for the second time today. His eyes went wide.

"Fifteen points from Hufflepuff, and detention for two weeks."

You stood up challengingly. 

"Due to the unjust punishment and invasion of privacy, I will be going to speak to the headmaster."

Snape's eyes went wide for a second. The whole class was watching intently to see what would happen next. You picked up your back while maintaining eye contact with the awful professor. You turned on your heel and walked out of the class. You exhaled deeply as soon as you reached the hallway. You wouldn't have refused to say what the potion smelled like under different circumstances, but you had caught a whiff of it and you knew exactly who it smelled like. Fireworks, cinnamon, and candy. Fred.