20. My New Favorite Picture

You had talked to Dumbledore about Snape and his unjust punishment. You had got out of detention, but Dumbledore let Snape take the points away from Hufflepuff since you did talk back. You walked around the empty school, as most people were still in their last class. You decided to walk around outside despite the cold weather. You took a deep breath as you walked around the silent grounds. You sat under a tree near the black lake, mulling over your thoughts, until three figures approached you.

"Y/n?"

The familiar voice of Lee asked. You looked up and smiled.

"What are you doing out here?"

"I could ask you the same thing Lee Jordan."

"The class was pretty boring so we left. The professor didn't even notice."

Fred answered.

"So what is little miss perfect grades, never absent doing out here during her class?"

George inquired as the three boys sat down next to you.

"We made amortentia in potions. Two kids were laughing which made Snape angry or something."

"He does hate happiness."

Fred said with a laugh. You watched the way he laughed, the sound escaping effortlessly from him soft lips. You continued telling the twins and Lee about your situation.

"He got mad at their outburst and told the whole class they had to tell the entire class what their amortentia smelled like."

You waited to see the boy's reactions.

"So?"

George asked.

"What do you mean 'so?' The potion smells like the person you admire most. He was going to make us reveal that information to the whole class! It's private information."

The three boys nodded. 

"So what did yours smell like?"

Lee asked, wiggling his eyebrows. You rolled your eyes and laughed at the gesture.

"That's none of your business."

You protested.

"Come on y/n/n we're your best friends!"

Fred argued. You shook your head, not wanting to give up the information.

"I can't. You guys know him. I don't want you to know who it is."

*Fred's POV*

My face fell when y/n told us we knew him. I had secretly hoped it was me who she fancied, but I knew it was too good to be true.

"I erm... gotta go."

I stood up and walked back to the castle, ignoring my friend's protests.

*Reader's POV*

Fred took off after muttering a small excuse.

"I'm going to go make sure he's okay."

You said to George and Lee. They said their goodbyes and I walked in the direction Fred did. I caught up to him in time to pass through the painting. I called out to him before he could walk up to his room.

"Hey Freddie! You okay?"

You asked. Fred walked back down the stairs to talk to you.

"Yeah. just feeling a bit down."

"Well... how about a hug from your best friend?!"

You suggested. You were glad to see that you made the tall ginger smile. You walked closer to him and wrapped your arms around his waist. He had to bend down, but her returned the hug. The two of you stayed in that position for a while.