the most annoying ghost

As a psychic, Tom has a special connection to the otherworldly plane

As a psychic, Tom has a special connection to the otherworldly plane. The alternate dimension ghosts are stuck in whenever they can't move on. He's essentially a conduit between afterlife and the mortal realm.

Because of this, ghosts and demons are drawn to him and his unique abilities, which makes him and/or people like himself essential for things like exorcisms and seance.

It also means bad things are just attracted to him.

...

Recently, he was called to a rather wild case deep in the city. It was a classic seance gone wrong scenario where a demon possessed a human.

This is where he met Tord. Tord was an open book. Shitty death, angry spirit, spiteful man in general.

Tom had to take one of Matt's mirrors with him so that Matt could protect him from possession, but in the end luring him away from the party with the promise of a real sit-down where Tord could yell at him and release some pent up frustration. In other words, therapy sessions.

It was fine, he already did this stuff for Edd.

On the drive to their "new home", Tom glanced at Tord. "So... Since we're basically in private, you want to ask anything? Talk? Chat?" He asked.

------

Matt: Possesses mirrors and typically just annoys people by hogging it in the reflection. Minor trickster spirit. Has a deal with Tom that he could use any of his mirrors so long as he can temporarily posses him during dangerous exorcisms and seances to prevent the angry spirit from doing so.

Edd: died of heart attack, possessed a laptop due to the stress of being unable to finish a project of his (animation). Occasionally produces animations. Takes form of a .mp4 file that can't be deleted. Can be transferred to any device that supports the .mp4 format. It has taken a lot of Tom's time preventing him from possessing an email. Anyone who isn't in tune with the spirits experiences great amounts of stress watching the video stored within Edd's .mp4 file.

Soda (if you want to use him): possesses an .exe file, currently Tom doesn't know why or anything about his life before death. Has proven to be capable of overpowering Edd when they're stored on the same device.

Kitra (if you want to use her): possesses a Barbie doll, is very attracted to mirrors and markers. When given the chance, she will draw "makeup" onto herself and she has dyed the hair dark brown and cut it. Despite it not being fully articulated, she has proven capable of
- changing expression
- walking/running
- using all limbs normally
- lifting objects over half her size
Tom has to avoid stressing her out because she is VERY POWERFUL and VERY UNPREDICTABLE when angry, making her VERY DANGEROUS. Isn't allowed around living strangers. Tom has made a hobby out of making her new clothes when he's able, it's quite relaxing.

---

(Same as above, a while after Tord settles in)

Tord groans, watching Tom salt the floor around his bed- including the crevasse between the corner walls and the bed itself

"Oh come on! At least give me some hentai to watch!" Tord begged, watching Tom cover himself.

"No. Go bother another ghost or something." Tom groaned, rolling over and covering his ears with pillows. Tord sighed, dejected. He very well couldn't pester him...

Unless...

The only thing off limits is the bed....