protective gay alien dads

Invader Zim Au!))

When Red and Purple where young, they were foolish. They didn't know what they were doing was dangerous, even if it was against the law. Especially since they were both guys.

That was until Purple ended up pregnant. Neither of them were ready. Not only was it a huge responsibility, it was an offense punishable by death to the full family, including the smeet.

Since, just as with clones, normal smeets came from eggs (as I learned recently, don't ask how), when Purple layed Zim's egg Red instructed his Sir unit to take the egg and hide it among the pile.

Lucky for them, Purple worked in the factories at the time. He took out the personality programing for Zim's pak, so he could grow on his own since he wasn't a clone, which made him defective. They assumed this wouldn't cause any harm.

Well. In part they don't regret it. It got them where they are today, and they managed to get their baby boy far away from the Armada and to Earth. They were able to forget about trying to hide their connection for a while.

Until they didn't have to.

The cloning machines broke, and as a result it became legal and expected for Irkens to reproduce naturally. It was normal again.

Excited to see their baby and tell him the truth, the pair stepped down by claiming retirement and snuck off the Armada on their own personal ship. Despite the mass confusion, they still had a proper goodbye as they set course for Earth.

((If you didn't get it - Zim is the child of Red and Purple in this au :3))