oh god oh fuck

They had let the higher risk patients out of their padded cells for a little bit

They had let the higher risk patients out of their padded cells for a little bit. After all, even the dangerous ones needed social interaction to avoid spiralling into the crushing depths of pure insanity.

No worries, beforehand they'd made completely sure there were no dangerously sharp objects and all blunt weapons were secure. They also had very close supervision so even if they attacked someone they'd be detained quickly.

This didn't help anything, however, when Tord suddenly slipped into a trance. Doctors had described his symptoms as PTSD-Adjacent, but he refused to talk about anything remotely traumatic so they couldn't treat him at all, save the anti-depressant and anti-psychotic medications. That meant that this was common for him.

He took the plastic child-safety scissors and made an attempt to hit the nearest patient, who lazily leaned out of the way. Edd jumped on him, attempting to get his arms, but Tord wriggled out.

After a couple of minutes of chasing him as Tord "stabbed" guards who'd been taught to play dead when he did this to them, in a shocking turn of events, Tom jumped up and hugged Tord, whispering a small "that's enough."

The combination of the light comforting weight, the warmth, and the secret-stash-of-extremely-outdated-Smirnoff-breath somehow ended the episode early, leaving Tord shocked and silent.

The doctor's watched in surprise as Tom slowly let go.