IX. 𝐁𝐄𝐂𝐀𝐔𝐒𝐄 𝐈 𝐋𝐈𝐊𝐄 𝐘𝐎𝐔

"The nurse

"The nurse." Adeline, Juliets sick mother, smiled when Juliet walked into the room, "About time you've showed, I've been waiting."

"Nate." Juliets voice broke in a whisper as she turned to her cousin in the hallway, not expecting this type of horror until her mother addressed her as someone else.

"You can do this." Nate whispered to her, grabbing her forearm, "She needs you."

Juliet nodded to the best of her ability, sucking in a breath as she walked into the room.

"Hi." Juliet smiled to the woman as her chest heaved.

"Do you have my medication? It's been gone for weeks." Adeline complained as Juliet sat down on the chair beside her bed.

"I'm not the nurse." she spoke to her mother, reaching by the bedside and grabbing the pill bottle, "Is this them?"

The ill woman's face lit up at the sight, "You've found them! Such a smart girl!"

Juliet cracked a small smile as she gave the woman one of the blue pills that didn't do anything for her.

"I heard voices, who's all here?" Adeline asked alarmed as Juliet shook her head.

"Only Nate and a friend of mine, you know Nate?" Juliet asked, unaware if her mother had already forgotten.

"The chief! Of course!" Adeline said with a bright smile, clapping her hands and making Juliet jump, "But who are you?"

The burning feeling swelled in Juliets chest as she blinked away her tears the best of her ability, "Juliet. A friend."

"What a beautiful name." the woman said with a smile, touching her heart, "I've always liked that name because it's my-"

"Favorite book." Juliet finished her sentence as the woman's face fell, a odd look on her face.

"I don't like this." Adeline said as she began to violently shake her head, "You're here to trick me!"

"Mom! It's me!" Juliet sobbed as she stood, grabbing the woman's hands tightly.

"No! No! You're the government! You're trying to take me!" Adeline yelled as Juliet sobbed harder, begging her mom to remember her.

"Juliet!" Nate shouted at her as he threw the door open, just in time to see his Aunt, who was basically a mother to him, strike Juliet across the face. The teen gasped as she backed away, silents fell over the room while she held her check, more shock then pain as she looked at her mother.

"Don't you bring her back in here! How dare you!" Adeline shouted to Nate who cradled Juliet and pulled her out of the room into the tiny hallway.

"I told you that you can't push it." Nate said, examining the small gash on her check from Adelines rings, a bruise surely to form by tomorrow.