XVI. 𝐂𝐇𝐑𝐈𝐒𝐓𝐌𝐀𝐒 𝐈𝐍𝐕𝐈𝐓𝐄

Juliet didn't feel as though it was right to sit with the trio, giving them their own space

Juliet didn't feel as though it was right to sit with the trio, giving them their own space. She'd taken a seat with Angelina and Fred, offering the pair a small smile. She caught Cho's eye before looking away quickly, not looking in her direction again

"Um, hi." Hermione spoke relatively awkwardly as she stood to her feet, "So, you all know why we're here. We need a teacher. A proper teacher. One who's had real experience defending themselves against the Dark Arts."

"Why?" Ernie spoke up from next to Ginny.

"Why?" Ron asked in disbelief his way, "Because You Know Who's back you tosspop."

Juliet cracked a grin at Ron's words, watching him closely and hating herself for doing so in such a serious moment.

"So he says." Ernie said with a shrug and a knowing look toward Harry who seemed to glow in the darker room, the window colors shining in on his already pale skin.

"So Dumbledore says." Hermione corrected him.

"So Dumbledore says because he says." Ernie said again as if Harry wasn't in the room, annoying Juliet as she huffed.

"He had a name." Juliet argued loudly to get the younger Hufflepuffs attention, "You soggybottom."

Ron was the one to grin at her words now, seeing as though he'd either rubbed off on her or vise versa.

"If Potter could tell us more about how Diggory got killed..." he trailed off. Juliets smile fell as she avoided eye contact with anyone, especially Harry who looked to her immediately. George reached around his twin to hold Juliets shoulder.

"I'm not gonna talk about Cedric so if that's why you're here you might as well clear out now." Harry finally spoke up as he rose to his feet in anger, Juliet thanked him internal for doing so, "Come on, Hermione. Let's just go, they're just here because they think i'm some sort of freak."

"Is it true you can produce the patronus charm?" Lunas gentle and smoothly voice was heard behind Juliet, causing Harry to pause and stare her way.

"Yes." Hermione answered her confidently, "I've seen it."

"Blimey Harry, I didn't know you could do that." Dean Thomas said with admiration and shock dancing within his chocolate eyes.

"A-And he killed a basilisk, with a sword in Dumbledores office." Neville added in confidently from behind Ginny as people turned to stare his way.

"Third year he fought off about a hundred dementors at once." Ron said with a impressed expression across his soft features.

"And last year he really did fight off You Know Who." Hermione finished the chain of Harry's praise with a deep breath. She met Juliets eye who gave her a small nod, a proud grin.

"Wait." Harry said quickly as he stopped anyone else from going on, "Look, it all sounded great when you say it like that. But, the truth is most of that was just luck. I didn't know what I was doing half the time, I nearly always had help."