Chapter 24 [Edited]

Chapter 24

‘Oh my god, Rose. That was humiliating. You owe me. Like big time.’ I laughed as i listened to Zayn’s sixth voicemail. 

I was driving home from the studio and I listened to Zayn’s 10 voicemails he left me. All ten of them were about how he’s talk with Simon went. According to them all, there were paparazzi outside the building and they surely got shots of him, Simon couldn’t take the talk seriously so they didn’t get that much information about anything. I’m such a genius sometimes.

I just murdered Zayn’s reputation, the poor thing. 

I pulled up to my apartment and walked inside while chuckling to myself. I walked through the door of my apartment but stopped in my tracks when i saw a stranger sitting on my couch.

‘Um, who are you and what are you doing in my apartment?’ I asked, looking at him suspiciously.

‘I’m Jared and I’m waiting for Lexi.' He answered. 'Who are you?’ He asked, a little rudely.

‘I’m Rose, i live here.’ I said pointedly. ‘Where’s Lex?’ I asked and he answered me by shrugging.

‘Lexi Walters, get your little ass in here.’ I yelled down the hallway. 

‘What?’ She snapped once she got into the room. i crossed my arms over my chest.

‘Who’s the guy?’ I asked, jabbing my thumb to the person on my couch.

‘Jared.’ She answered. I raised my eyebrow at her.

‘I’m going on a date with him later.’ She sighed.

‘You could’ve just told me that.’ I snorted.

‘Eh, I know.’ She shrugged. My phone beeped and i looked down at it to see a text from Zayn.

‘What’s got you smiling like an idiot?’ Lexi asked.

‘Zayn. He’s coming over in like two minutes.’ I answered.

‘Isn’t he still in a clown outfit?’ She asked.

‘Yep.’ I grinned. Just then someone knocked on the door. I went over to it and opened it.

There in my doorway was a disheveled Zayn Malik. The wig was off his head and was in his hands. His clown jumpsuit was off, he was dressed in a wife beater and khaki shorts that I vaguely remember him wearing underneath. And his clown paint/make up was coming off in cracks. I tried to stifle my laugh at the sight of him. 

‘Go ahead, laugh. Everyone’s been laughing at me today.’ He said sarcastically and I knew I was supposed to be sympathetic but I couldn’t. I guffawed loudly and I was on the verge of tears.

‘You weren’t supposed to laugh.’ He pouted like a little baby. I stopped my laughter but kept on grinning.

‘Aw, my poor baby.’ I kissed him lightly on the lips. ‘Come inside and I’ll make you some hot cocoa.’ I giggled. He walked through the door and wrapped his arm around my waist.

‘You’re so in for it tonight.’ He whispered in my ear. I shuddered in mock terror.

‘Ooooh, i’m so scared.’ I laughed. 

We walked further into the room and Lexi and Jared’s heads snapped up. Once Lexi’s eyes saw Zayn, she doubled over in laughter. She laughed which caused me to join in and Jared look confused as hell and Zayn look disgruntled. Once we both sobered up Zayn glared at Lexi.

‘Thanks for your support.’ He grumbled.

‘Oh, Zayn. If you saw how you looked, you’d be cracking up as well.’ Lexi said, giggling a bit with a massive grin on her face.