Chapter 18 [Edited]

Chapter 18

‘WHAT!?’ Lexi screamed with her eyes about to jump out of their sockets. I stared at her wide-eyed with surprise but then my face turned into a small smile. 

‘You heard me.’ The smile slowly grew bigger.

‘So, you’re telling me that you have a date in 2 hours with Zayn effing Malik?’ She questioned, her hands on her hips.

‘Yep.’ I answered with a nod of my head. 

‘AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!’ Her high-pitched scream shattered the whole room. I didn’t brace myself for her scream so now my eardrums are bleeding to death.

‘Lexi!’ I yelled at her with my hands covering my ears.

‘Sorry, but I just- OMGOMGOMG!’ She jumped around excitedly. I’ve never seen her fangirl before, I guess everything has a first.

‘Lex, calm down. It’s only a date and it’s only Zayn.’ I tried to reason with her.

Only a date? Only Zayn? What is wrong with you!? Do you know how many girls would kill for your life right now? It’s Zayn Malik. The sex god that can sing like sex from one Direction is taking you out on a date. You are so goddamn lucky! AAAAAAH!’ She yelled and screamed and squealed. I laughed lightly at her reaction.

‘But Lex, it’s Zayn! He’s our friend now, you don’t need to go all crazy. I thought you were comfortable with being friends with him? Why are you going crazy?’ I said as I gripped her shoulders to keep her still.

‘Sorry, that was my fangirl side kicking in. But as a friend of Zayn Malik, I am required to say: about f*cking time!’ She replied, stepping out of my hands.

‘What do you mean ‘about f*cking time’?’ I asked with my eyebrows slightly furrowed. 

‘I mean, you’re so stupid for not seeing you and Zayn are totally perfect together!’ She explained.

‘Because me and Zayn aren’t perfect together. This is only a date, Lex. A date!’ I reasoned with her. Because honestly, I think it is only a date. It’s only one date. And so many things can happen on one date.

‘A date that will lead to eternity together!’ She grinned with sparkles in her eyes. I rolled my eyes at her.

‘Are you gonna help me get ready for this or what?’ I asked, walking over to my closet.

‘Well duh. You need my expertise.’ She replied, following me. 

I turned the light on and stared at all my clothes. What the hell am I going to wear? He said something comfortable, right? Does that mean a comfortable dress or just comfortable in general? Ugh, first dates are hard. You have to work off your ass to impress but not over-impress. You have to get everything perfect. Everything. 

‘I don’t know what to wear!’ I groaned.

‘What did he say to wear?’ She asked me as she rummaged through the clothes hanging there.

‘Something comfortable.’ I muttered.

She didn’t respond. She just walked out. I stared after her retreating figure and just stood there, waiting for her to come back. She came back in wordlessly after a few minutes and pulled out a black singlet with a light pink cross slashed over it. Then she skimmed through more clothes and pulled out light blue denim-looking leggings. She bit her lip in an indecisive way and pulled out a nude coloured blazer with sleeves that are rolled up to just under my elbow. She then grabbed a pair of ballet flats the same colour as the blazer.