Chapter 15 [Edited]

Chapter 15

‘That was great, honey!’ She beamed at me. Her black hair was in curls and she was in a blue dress. Her hazel eyes were identical to mine and her features were the same as well. Everyone told me, me and my mom looked the same. And in this moment, I really saw it. Her eyes held the same emotions I had when I got off that stage. 

‘Thanks, mom!’ I grinned and gave her a hug. She hugged me back tightly.

‘Let’s go, sweetie. We still have those dinner reservations.’ She said and grabbed my hand. We walked to her car and got in.

‘I am so happy you got the lead role in that play! You’re so talented.’ She gushed as she pulled out of the parking lot. 

‘Thank you. Romeo and Juliet is my favourite.’ I told her. I was so happy to be able to play Juliet. 

‘I know, you’re always watching the Leonardo DiCaprio one.’ She laughed. My mom was an attractive mom. Like those moms in Desperate Housewives. She’s only 31. She had me when she was 16 because she got raped. She told me the full story. But I understand, most people would immediately assume she was one of those slutty, trashy whores who had a kid at 16. But she wasn’t. She got raped. She told me that having a kid after being raped was the scariest thing ever but what scared her the most was her decision to keep me. She said she didn't make her decision until the day I was born. She raised me for 15 years with as much love as the next person. And I love her, she’s my best friend.

‘Duh! Leonardo DiCaprio is a sex god even though he’s 30 or whatever.’ I fangirled in front of her.

‘I think he’s a few years older than me.’ She said thoughtfully.

‘Mom! You should marry him! He’s single, right?’ I gasped and she laughed at my reaction.

‘Oh, honey. You’re such a weirdo. Besides, Kate Winslet already calls dibs.’ She winked. 

‘But mom, isn't she married?.’ I asked and she laughed.

'If only you knew.' She sighed. I wa confused at first but I never got around to asking her.

‘How come Chloe wasn’t there?’ My mom asked me. 

As the question reached my ears, my heart tightened. My so called ‘friend’ decided that she was too cool for me. That she wasn’t capable of helping me through my high school life. 

‘We had an argument.’ I vaguely said. 

‘What happened?’ My mom sounded a bit surprised. I wasn't going to tell her because I didn't want her to worry about me. But the words spilled out before my brain could catch up.

‘She said she couldn’t handle the bullying I was getting. I told her all she had to do was comfort me. And you know what she said? She said that I was the reason why she doesn’t have many friends. She said she’s not getting friends because she’s friends with a loser which is me. I thought she was my friend, mom! But she’d rather the popularity. But it’s funny because I get it. I wouldn’t want to be friends with me either. Like who would want to be friends with a nerd, a loser, someone who has to big of a dream to get. But it’s cruel, you know. It’s unfair how they crushed my dreams, I love acting. And now that I’ve taken up modeling, the bullying has gotten harder. They tell me I’m ugly 5 times a day, they laugh at me and tell me I’m never gonna be a famous actress. It hurts, mom.’ I cried. I’ve told her I’ve gotten bullied because she’s my best friend. But I’ve never confessed so much to her before.