Chapter 2 [Edited]

Chapter 2

‘Okay, let’s start of with the boys driving down towards the beach.’ Lauren announced through the megaphone. 

The boys hopped into the Kombi and began driving down the road while people followed with cameras. We had to stay behind and watch them. We watched as Louis overtook someone and got pulled up by police. Everyone cracked up laughing. They retook it again and they got pulled up by the police for driving too slow. Everyone laughed so hard. Louis is such a terrible driver. They finally got a better shot of them. When they got back, I was laughing like crazy. 

‘Shut up. You never let me test drive it!’ Louis complained and I laughed even harder.

‘Okay, girls. It’s your turn to start driving.’ Lauren yelled over the laughs.

Me and the girls got into the little blue convertible bug and started to drive down the road. The other two girls’ names were Isabel and Jackie. Isabel was blonde and Jackie was a brunette like me. We had to laugh and talk as we drove down. Isabel was the one driving and I made a joke about her being a better driver than Louis and we all cracked up. 

I giggled again as I walked past Louis, remembering my very dry but very funny joke.

‘Ugh, you make me so jealous. You’re so pretty!’ Lexi complimented me as I walked to her. I rolled my eyes at her.

‘Shut up, Lex. That’s not even true.’ I replied.

‘It is, you’re beautiful.’ A voice said from behind me. I turned to find Zayn smiling at me.

‘Um, okay. Please don't say that again.’ I said and walked away from him. I pulled out my phone from my back pocket and leaned against the railing of the car park. I stood there for a while as I looked over my notifications.

‘Hey, Rose. What did you say to Zayn? He’s currently walking around the beach with a really confused expression.’ Lexi asked as she stood beside me.

‘I just told him not to call me beautiful.’ I shrugged my shoulders.

‘As if you don't want a hot guy calling you beautiful. I mean, dude, you're in!’ She exclaimed with a roll of her eyes and a nudge in my ribs.

‘That’s the point. I don't want to be in, I want be out and away from all that.’ I shrugged my shoulders again.

‘Whatever mate, but you’re up again.’ She said and I nodded.

I walked over to the other girls and we got back into the car and pretended to pull up at the beach parking lot. Isabel parked the car behind the Kombi while the guys stood in front.

‘Hey girls!’ They said quietly. Because when you’re in music videos you can’t really talk loudly unless they tell you you can. We all smiled back and hugged each boy. We ran down towards the beach and sat down. I had to flip my hair for the ‘the way that you flip your hair gets me overwhelmed’ bit. Isabel got a single shot and so did Jacki. We got sent off while they filmed the boys walking and singing and all. I got called back so Harry could sing to me. I had to act all into it to make it looked like I was flattered and I liked him. He stepped closer as he whispered the words to me. I looked into his green eyes and smiled. It was one of those romantic shots. Once they called cut I turned away from him straight away.

‘Okay, guys. We’re going to look over this and we’ll call you back if we still have more to do.’ Lauren called and everyone started to pack up. 

I grabbed my bag and headed for the hair and makeup cabin to pick up my clothes and my bag. I heard footsteps behind me and I expected it to be Lexi so I didn't do anything to ackowledge them. But when I turned around I found Zayn looking at me. I almost dropped everything in shock.

‘Yes?’ I asked him as I put my clothes into my bag.

‘I just wanted to know if you’d like to come out to dinner with us, you and Lexi.’ He offered. He stood idly beside the doorway with his arms dangling by his sides.

‘Um... It’s o-’ I started to decline but got cut off by Lexi standing in the doorway.

‘We’d love to go!’ She chirped and I glared at her. She sent me a ‘trust-me’ look and I rolled my eyes.

‘Yeah, sure. We’ll go.’ I sighed and walked out of the cabin, grabbing onto Lexi’s arm on the way. When we got in the car, I turned to face her the anger slowly bubbling to the surface.

‘Lexi!’ I whined.

‘What?’ She asked innocently.

‘You know I don't do these kinds of things. It gets really messy.’ The memories of what happened between me and my ex-boyfriends floated in my head.

‘Yeah, but Zayn’s a good guy. He wouldn’t do that to you.’ She reasoned with me, knowing what was going on in my head.

‘Don't automatically assume that this is about Zayn. I'm just saying I don't do these kinds of things because it gets messy.’ I shot back.

‘No, Clara. You only think that because of Christian.’ I sighed when she said ‘Clara’. That’s how I knew she was serious. She never calls me Clara unless she’s serious.

‘Whatever, man.’ I rolled my eyes and put the keys in the ignition. ‘Wait, when are we going out?’ I asked her. Zayn wasn't too clear on the details.

‘I’ll text Niall.’ She said as she took her phone out. I gave her a questioning look.

‘He’s adorable, okay. He’s so friendly and nice.’ She sent me a ‘don’t-judge-me’ look.

‘Go ahead and text him.’ I said and I looked ahead. 

‘He said it’s not until 6. They’re going to pick us up and we have to wear something really nice.’ She said, looking up from her phone.

‘Oh, no. It’s going to be a fancy dinner. Lex, I'm telling you this won't end well.’ I said, gripping onto the steering wheel tightly.

‘Yes, Clara, you can.’ She said sternly and I sighed.

‘Okay, I’m calm.’ I said after a big breath.

‘Alright, so it’s 5 right now. We have an hour to get ready.’ She said as I parked the car outside the apartment block. 

We raced into our apartment and ran for our rooms. I picked out a peach lace dress and nude heels. I took a quick shower and started to put my clothes on. My dress looked a tad bit too plain so I added a black belt around my waist. I put on makeup and I grabbed a bracelet and necklace to top off my outfit. By that time it was 5:50. I walked out of my room  at the exact same time Lexi did. I don’t know why it happens but we always come out at the same time. It’s really freaky. She wore a plain black dress that’s tight on her curves and frilly at the bottom. She wore white heels with it and wore a white headband.

‘Don’t we look hot.’ I winked at her.

‘We sure do.’ She laughed. 

The intercom beeped and i pressed the open button. A few minutes later, someone knocked on the door. I went to open it and I found Zayn. He wore a red long sleeved shirt with black jeans and supras. 

‘You look beau- great.’ His deep british voice said. I smiled at the fact that he corrected himself.

‘Thanks.’ I said and I turned to Lexi. ‘Let’s go?’ I asked her and we grabbed our purses and walked out with Zayn trailing behind us.

-----------------------------------------------------

A/N

Thanks for reading this guys. I hope you’re reading Chasing the Sun as well. :))

Vote, comment, share, fan etcetc

Mwahbebssssss

-Winona