Chapter 31: The New Best Friend

Pic Above is Jackie

Chapter 31: The New Best Friend

My eye twitched. Kiss him? For 10 minutes?

Maybe I could stand Rachael disappointed. If it meant I had to willingly kiss Kenny for ten minutes...

Yeah. No way.

"I'll just tell her you don't do requests." I answered. Kenny and Denny chuckled, then Kenny walked up to me.

"Or you could just suck up your pride and get the autograph." He said.

I snorted. "Yeah right." I mumbled. I picked up my backpack and looked at Denny. "Will you give me a ride?"

Denny glanced at Kenny and licked his lips. "Yeah. Just one second." He walked out of the room.

Kenny looked at me with the slightest trace of a smirk. "So, you just going to stand there or are you going to say something?"

"Nope. I'm going to go to school."

"Ethan, you can't avoid me forever." He chuckled.

"No, just for as long as I can." I replied, turning away from him. He turned me back to face him.

"I'm not done talking to you." He told me. I shook his hands off.

"Well I am." I said. "I'm not kissing you for ten minutes to get an autograph. It's literally your name on a piece of paper. Why does that need a whole 10 minutes?"

"How about five?" He bargained. I shook my head.

"Nope."

"3?" He asked. I paused. Three wasn't so horribly bad. Would he go lower, though?

"One minute."

"You'd get an autograph from me for a kiss for only one minute?" He asked incredulously. "Most girls—and guys—would kill to get even 30 seconds!"

"Yeah, well I'm not most guys." I replied.

He pursed his lips, but I could see a small smile. "Yeah, it shows. Two minutes."

I paused. "Fine. Two. Not a second longer, you hear me?" He smirked.

"Sure. Get a paper."

I pulled a binder out of my backpack and took out a sheet of paper and handed it to Kenny along with a pen. He glanced at me and scribbled on the paper, then handed it back to me. I put it and the binder back in my backpack.

"Thanks." I mumbled.

"You shouldn't be thanking me yet." He said, his hand slipping to my waist. He pulled me closer to him. I gulped. Knowing Kenny, he'd make the two-minute kiss last an arousing lifetime. His hand lifted my chin so he could meet my eyes. He leaned in closer, and closer, until our lips were only inches apart. His breath tickled my skin, making me shiver.

Thankfully, Denny came in. "Hey Ethan. You ready?" He asked, not even batting an eye at the two of us. I whipped my head to him and nodded. I stepped back from Kenny and he surprisingly let me.

At school, I didn't see Rachael until lunch. I was in line with Jackie, when Rache stopped me.

"Ethan!" She called. Both Jackie and I turned.

"Oh, hey, Rachael." I said.

"Hi." She waved, then her face turned serious. "Did you get it?" I nodded.

"Yeah, it's in my locker."

"Great! I can't wait!" She squealed. I laughed. Then I remembered Jackie.

"Oh, Rachael, this is Jackie; Jackie, Rachael." I introduced them.

"Oh, Jackie! Yeah, Ethan talked a lot about you. I think I might be jealous." Rachael winked at me. I rolled my eyes.

"And what about Bruce?" I asked. She waved me off.

"He wouldn't mind me checking another girl out." She laughed. I looked at her. "Ok, he might. But that's not the point." She held out her hand to Jackie. Jackie took it.

"I've heard a lot about you." Rachael said.

"And I've heard nothing about you." Jackie joked, eyeing me.

"I met her last night!" I defended.

"Not really." Rachael interrupted. "We both work at the diner."

That's why I recognized her! "Well, I mean I met you officially last night." I said. She laughed.

"Please. You just don't talk to anyone at work. I'm not surprised you didn't recognize me." She shrugged. "However, that argument you had with that customer...everyone's been talking about it."

"Argument?" I asked, trying to recall. Then it hit me. "Oh, argument. That one. Yeah, um, he's not one to be subtle."

"Who?" Jackie asked. "Argument? What, when? Why didn't you tell me?"

"A while ago, Kenny and I got in a fight." I said. Both girls gasped.

"You fought?" Jackie asked at the same time Rachael wondered, "Kenny?"

"Kenny was the customer?" Rachael gaped.

I rolled my eyes. "You two have a lot in common. You both seem to like to tease me about Kenny."

"Well, then. Get rid of the old and make way for the new!" Jackie smiled widely and playfully shoved me. "I shall call you 'new BFF', and you shall be mine. And you shall be my new BFF." She threaded her arm through Rachael's and they started walking off.

"Hey!" I protested. "Where are you going?"

"Spending time with my new BFF!" She called over her shoulder. I sighed and shook my head, but picked up two trays and filled them with lunches for three and went to find them.

By the time I did, they were chatting away like they'd known each other for years with Bruce listening in intently. I sat down next to Bruce and we stared at them.

"Do you think they know we're here?" He whispered. I paused.

"Probably not." We stared at them for another second before turning to our lunch.

"Ok, ok." Rachael and Jackie turned to me. "I need to meet him."

My body froze, my sandwich in midair, and my mouth open. I blinked. "What?"

"Yep," She nodded. "You need to bring him to school."

My sandwich dropped out of my grip splattering all over the rest of my food and some of the other tray. "No." I said.

"Oh, come on! Ethan—"

"You don't know what I had to do just to get the autograph!" I exclaimed. "No way am I asking him to come to the school."

"It can't be that bad." Rachael protested.

"Oh, it's bad." I clarified. "You're lucky I got out of it this morning, otherwise, I would not be in a good mood."

"You call that good?"

"Whatever it is; I'm not going to ask him." I huffed.

"You're frustrating." Rachael countered.

"Well you'd better get used to it." I said. "And I am not asking him to come to the school, and that is final."

Both girls looked at me incredulously. "How bad could it be?" Jackie asked.

"Really, really bad." I answered. "It was bad enough to get just the autograph. Imagine asking him to come to the school!

"No, scratch that. I'm not going to. And he's not coming." I said. 

*~*

Triple update!! I figured I owed it, since I haven't been on in a while. 

Anyhow, tell me what you think!