Chapter 13: The Hot Night

Pic above is Ethan

Chapter 13: The Hot Night

Within the next half hour, we were back home. 

"Come on." I climbed out of the truck. Kenny followed. I headed to the kitchen and got two glasses from the cupboard and filled them with water. I handed one to Kenny and gulped mine.

He was quiet.

"Kenny, what's wrong?"

He looked up from the floor. "How come you didn't tell me about Carter? Or that he forced you to do something you didn't want?" He asked worriedly.

"I don't know." I said quietly. "I just didn't want to worry you. Or hurt you."

Kenny walked to me and put a hand on my cheek. "You only hurt me when you didn't tell me." I looked into his eyes.

"I guess I was a little ashamed to have called a person like that a friend." I looked down. He lifted my head up and kissed me.

"Just tell me next time, ok?" I nodded. "Also, I'm already liking this 'being your boyfriend' thing." He smirked.

I hit him on the shoulder. "Way to ruin a moment." He laughed and pulled me closer.

"I could never." His lips found mine again.

Then Jeremy walked in.

"Oh, good Ethan you're—ah! Ok. I'm intruding, I'll just leave now." He started walking out, but I called him back and stepped away from Kenny.

"No, you're good. We were just um..." I cleared my throat. "Never mind. What did you need?"

"Well, Denny just wanted to tell you that he couldn't make it to the court tonight, and won't be able to tomorrow either, so..." Jeremy glanced between us. "You guys are free to do whatever you want." He smiled.

"Jeremy!" I blushed. He and Kenny laughed. "I actually can't because I have school, and then I have to go to work, and make up for today." I glared daggers at Kenny.

"I could make it up to you by taking you to lunch or dinner." He offered.

I eyed him. "Fine. But not tonight."

"Deal." He smiled.

"K, well it's past ten, so you should get to bed." Jeremy told me. "And you should probably head home."

"But I'll be so lonely tonight," Kenny whined. He turned to me, a mischievous glint in his eye. "Won't you sleep with me?"

I glared at him. "Kenneth..." I warned.

"What? I just want you to sleep over at my house." He said, faking innocence. "That way, you'll get a feel of what is soon to be your new home." I opened my mouth to object.

"I think that's a great idea." Jeremy nodded. I glared at him as Kenny smiled winningly. "Well, I'm going to hit the hay. Lock the door on your way out." He winked then disappeared.

I rounded on Kenny. "You are an evil man." I narrowed my eyes.

"What so wrong about wanting to sleep with the man I love?" He asked innocently. He wrapped an arm around my waist and pulled me close. "Do you want to sleep with me?" He asked seductively. I gulped nervously.

 "Not right now, no." I faked a yawn. "Oh, boy. Is that the time? I'd better head to bed." I wrenched myself from his grip and ran up the stairs. Kenny followed me and when I tried to shut the door, he put his foot in the way.

"Oops." He said, not sorry at all. "Please, Ethan? Just once? I won't try anything, I promise." He put his hand over his heart and put his other in the air. I looked at him. My eye twitched.