Chapter 37: The Party Crashers

Pic above is Ethan 

Chapter 37: The Party Crashers

TW! Please be cautious reading!

If I thought Jeremy's birthday was stress, then I don't know what the end of the year party for the school was. I had lots of help—almost the whole queer club signed up, along with a few others that I didn't know. They were all really helpful, but it didn't stop the stress.

Kenny's reassurances weren't any better. Jackie helped a little, as did Jeremy, but when it came to Kenny, he just seemed to make it worse. Denny was busy most of the days, but he did a good job of reassuring me—not by taking me off guard, like Kenny does.

I didn't get any sleep and couldn't eat all day before the party. I was careful with my planning—not too overboard, but enough to keep people interested. There were a variety of activities—board games, card games, electronic games, and plenty more. I had Jackie find different kinds of activities from the internet—ones without alcohol—and we placed certain groups around the building. There was even a little dancing area for those who still wanted a half prom.

It was going to be interesting to see what people would do. Plus how many people actually showed up. It was only 5 bucks for entrance because we didn't want to overkill the prices, but I'm sure a lot of people still won't show.

I'd been thinking about ideas since Jeremy's birthday, and I think what I planned was good enough. I made myself dial back on the decorations, the food, and some activities, which was a good call. At the end of the night, there was a movie showing in the gym, and then people were free to do whatever they wanted.

Lots of the people who volunteered donated varieties of food ranging from pudding, to fruit salads, to bags of candy. I bought lots and lots and lots of popcorn and drinks for the night.

The attire was up to the people, but I made sure to enforce that it was the appropriate dress code. They could come in whatever they wanted as long as it was modest.

The posters and fliers we put up were simple; just when, where, what, and why.

At the front, you could get pictures if you wanted, and sign yearbooks. I also made sure that all the volunteers were made known by placing their names and books at the very start.

The whole thing went from 5:00 pm, to midnight, giving people 7 hours to come, enjoy themselves, and leave.

The entire school was decorated with banners and streamers. There were classrooms open for certain games, while others were blocked off. The auditorium was where most things would take place. The food, and drink, as well as the dancing was in here. There was also mini auctions that would take place.

It'll hopefully turn out ok. I just hope the people like it.

If they even show up.

It was now 5:00, and I was waiting anxiously for the first arrivals. I had a table set up outside the entrances for the fee. I made sure the schedule shifted for those who wanted to spend some time inside.

5:30 and three cars pulled up to the school. Four or more people got out of each car. As I was giving them their passes, more cars pulled up.

I felt really happy by the time 6:30 came around. Racheal came and took my spot, but I was more concerned about how many people showed.

More than I expected, that's for sure! In the hour and a half that I did passes, there was over 200 people that came.

I felt a little good inside. I wasn't sure that people would show due to the fact that I was hosting it. But I'm glad they put aside that to hang out at the school to have fun one more time before graduation.