Chapter 12: The Jealous Non-Boyfriend

Pic above is Jonah (AKA Finn Wolfhard) 

Chapter 12: The Jealous Non-Boyfriend

"No!" I whipped my head around and found Jonah standing with a red face. "This is not supposed to happen!" 

"What?" I stood shocked. 

"You aren't supposed to leave!" Jonah yelled.

"What's going on?" Jeremy walked in.

"This whore thinks he's going to take my chance of leaving." Jonah fumed.

"WHat?" I asked again. 

"Whore?" Kenny repeated, as if offended.

"Jonah, there's nothing wrong with Ethan leaving before you." Jeremy said softly. "He has been here longer—"

"Exactly!" Jonah turned to me and narrowed his eyes. "He deserves to be alone. Especially with what happened with Cart—" He suddenly stopped and his eyes widened as he slapped a hand over his mouth.

"With who? What happened?" Jeremy asked.

Jonah ignored Jeremy and continued looking at me. "You are a horrible person, and you don't deserve this." Then he ran out.

We stood there shocked.

"What just happened?" Jeremy blinked.

"Whore?" Kenny repeated again. "How can he say that?"

"I'm confused." Denny stated.

"That makes two." I said, staring after Jonah.

"Who's Cart?" Kenny wondered. I thought for a moment. I don't know a Cart....

But I know a Carter. "How does he know who Carter is?" I asked aloud.

"Carter?" Kenny echoed, turning to me. "Who's Carter?"

"He's...no one. Just a friend." I answered, the feeling of guilt building in my chest. Why would Jonah know Carter? And why would Jonah have a fit that I'm leaving? And with the Aiden's, whom he had called 'fags'?

"He wouldn't happen to be the guy you were on a date with, would he?" Kenny accused.

"He just asked me to a movie!" I defended. "I didn't realize he wanted something more. Until he—"

"Until he what?" Kenny narrowed his eyes.

"Never mind." I shook my head and turned to Denny. "Anyway, before Jonah so rudely interrupted, I was going to say...Yes."

All eyes turned to me.

"Serious?" They all asked unanimously.

"Why is that so surprising?" I asked.

"I just didn't expect you to agree so quickly." Denny explained.

I shrugged. What's the worst that can happen? "It could be a great new experience."

"Oh my god," Kenny whined. I laughed.

"Well in that case, we are throwing a going-away party!" Jeremy exclaimed. I rolled my eyes and Denny chuckled.

"Kenny and I will go to court and get the documents." Denny said. "It'll take a while, but you can move in as soon as possible."

I nodded. "I will say goodbye to my friends here." Then I paused. "I mean, my imaginary friends." They laughed. Jeremy told us he was going to make a list for the party, and Denny said he had to get to work, but he'd go to the court as soon as he got off. Kenny came up behind me and hugged me.