Chapter 55: The Proposal

Kenny was telling me the story of Denny's first ever case when he came home. Denny groaned when he heard what was going on and tried to shut Kenny up, but Kenny evaded him.

"It was so funny, he was so nervous, and it nearly cost the entire team—"

"Kenny, stop it!" Denny tried covering Kenny's mouth, but he evaded and continued.

"I remember him coming home completely soaking wet—"

"Kenneth Jared!" Denny lunged at his husband and covered his mouth. "I said stop." Kenny was laughing too hard to take him seriously. I smiled at the exchange.

Kenny shoved Denny's hand off. "You're just mad that you're not the one telling it." He teased.

"No, it shouldn't be told at all. It was a total disaster, and we should never speak of it." Denny stared him down, but Kenny was still silently laughing.

"Ethan wanted to hear it, so how could I—"

"Hey, don't bring me into this!" I laughed. "You were the one who started telling it."

"Shh!" Kenny put his finger to his lips. "Don't tell him that!" I shook my head in amusement.

"Kenneth, you know I can hear you, right?" Denny was slowly starting to warm up to our humor.

"Yes, I know." They stared at each other for a moment. I looked between them.

"Kiss, kiss, kiss." I quietly chanted. Kenny laughed and Denny smiled then pecked their lips. And again, and again, until they were full on making out. Denny stuck his tongue in Kenny's mouth and he moaned. They pressed their bodies closer together. I bit my lip. It was hot, seeing them kiss so passionately. Kenny wrapped his arm around Denny's neck and the other wound into his hair. Denny's hands were climbing up Kenny's shirt.

Call me a pervert, but I was kinda hoping they'd take it to the bedroom. And let me watch. Or join. They broke the kiss before things got too far. They both panted heavily and walked off in different directions. I gaped and followed Denny.

"What was that?" I asked dumbfounded, staring at him while he sat on the couch. I could see a slight bulge in his pants, but he ignored it and turned on the TV.

"We do this all the time. Make each other horny and then ignore each other till night. Keeps the sex interesting." He shrugged. I stared at him.

"Why? That doesn't sound too healthy."

He waved it off. "It's worked so far."

I blinked. "Do I need to be you guys' matchmaker or something? That was hot! And then you just ignore each other? What is wrong with you?"

Denny glances at me. "Hey, our marriage is a little bruised, but at least it's not broken." I frowned and sat next to him.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean it like that." I sighed. "I guess I'm not used to seeing you guys like this."

"We did tell you that we were having problems. Why are you surprised?" He asked.

"I know, I just didn't think it was actually..." I paused and stared at my hands. "I didn't want to think about you two like that."

"Hey." Denny grabbed my hand. "We're fine. And we're getting better." I nodded and curled up to his chest. "However, I wouldn't mind you being our matchmaker." He admitted quietly.

I bit my lip and glanced at him. His eyes darted to my lips then up to my eyes. He wanted to kiss me. I could see it. And I wanted to kiss him. Neither of us moved.