Chapter 7: The Jealous Rage

Pic Above is Jackie (AKA Maia Mitchel)

Chapter 7: The Jealous Rage

Later that day, after lunch—in which I sat by Denny, in case Kenny tried something—then we decided to go to the arcade. Well, Kenny did. I complained practically the whole way, especially with his crazy driving. Denny promised to take me to a quiet dinner after my shift at work—with just the two of us—if I just went with them. So I grudgingly sat quietly. I only made a sound when Kenny did something crazy that was for sure to get us killed. 

When we arrived, I felt ready to throw something. The first thing I did when we got out, was ran up to Kenny and punched him hard on the shoulder.

"OW!" He whined, rubbing his bruise.

"That's what you get for putting my life on the line like that!" I answered, walking ahead of him. Denny chuckled while Kenny complained to him. I felt a little better.

The inside of the building was bustling with people. It smelled horrible. My eyes adjusted to the low lighting as we walked up to the desk to purchase some tickets for the games.

I was scanning the area, when I heard a familiar voice. "Hello, and welcome to our humble arcade, how may I be of service?" I whipped my head to the voice and my face lit up.

"Jackie!" I exclaimed. She looked toward me.

"Hey, E5! She smiled brightly, her brown eyes lighting up. I laughed at her nickname she gave me and walked around the counter to give her a hug. Her dark hair was pinned into a ponytail at the top of her head. She was wearing the standard uniform for the arcade. "What are you doing here—" she lowered her voice "—and with such handsome men?" I rolled my eyes.

"I'm just hanging out with my friends." I said, pointing to them standing behind me. Denny gave a small smile and waved while Kenny folded his arms, looking her up and down and gave her a slight nod. "Guys, this is Jackie, that girl friend Jeremy was talking about."

"Speaking of Jer, how is he?" She asked. "And when do I get to meet him?" I laughed.

"He's great. Maybe we can find a time later this month. But while we're on that topic, his birthday is coming up. I need you help finding something." I pleaded.

"Of course, babe. Anything," she nodded.

"Cool. Hey, how's your mom? Any news?" Her eyes dimmed slightly.

"No, not yet. She's stable, but not awake yet." She said. I hugged her again.

"Keep praying. I know she'll come to her senses." I whispered. She laughed lightly at my words. "Uh, pun not intended."

"It's cool."

"So I thought you didn't work here on Fridays?" I asked.

"Yeah, but then I needed the extra money after spending it on the sweet new boots. You should see them. They are gorge." She said and I laughed.

"I'll bet. I can't wait. Do you know when—"

"Yoo-hoo! Still here!" Kenny shouted, frustrated. Jackie blushed. 

"Oh, don't mind him." I waved him off. I leaned closer to her. "Kenneth's just jealous you're getting more attention than him," I whispered. We both giggled.

"Should we make him more jealous?" She whispered. "How about a kiss between friends?" I looked at her, then at Kenny and smirked.

"Yeah. But when he least expects it." I bit my lip to stop the smile on my face.

"So, how can I help you tonight?" She asked all of us. Kenny walked up and draped his arm around me.

"Tickets for the arcade." He said coldly.