20: Log 52

It's been a week since Marina found the PDA

It's been a week since Marina found the PDA. Just now, she decided to finally act on her evidence, and try to find you, confront you on what she found. The problem was, she was petrified.

  If those logs were correct, then... well... she was barely 10 percent through the survival logs, but the implications were huge. There's no way this much... stuff could be true. Living humans, aliens, all of it.

  But... the evidence pointing towards this being the truth was undeniable. Marina looked up from her empty hands, to the drivers seat in front of her. From it, Marie turned her head to look at Marina.

"You good there?" She asked. Marina shook her head.

  "Not really..." She answered honestly. Marie nodded, looking ahead.

  "Well, I don't know what you managed to uncover, but if you really want to do this alone, then I won't stop you." Marie promised. As Marie had suggested, Marina hadn't shown the contents of the PDA to anybody. Not Pearl, not Callie, not 3 nor 8, nobody. Which means only Marina and You would know what she was going to try and ask you about. That is, assuming that your house was the one they had guessed. If not, then it'd be kind of embarrassing...

Marina was snapped to reality by the sound of the doors unlocking. Beside her, Pearl shot her a thumbs up as Callie grinned at her from the passenger seat.

"You got this, Marina. Just... do whatever it is you're doing!" Callie told her. Pearl took out her phone, placing it between Callie and Marie. After a few taps, Marina's phone rang, showing Pearl's number. Marina answered, putting the phone in her pocket, as Pearl turned on the speaker. Wordlessly, Marina stepped out of the car, looking around. When the street was confirmed to be empty, Marina took a deep breath, looking towards the house theorized to be yours.

  Following 3's advice brought Marina here. The house was clearly unkempt for years, but was just now bearing newer things, like locks and a doorbell. Marina stopped in front of house, taking a deep breath as she lifted a finger to the doorbell. She paused for a moment, before sighing.

"If you can hear me Marie, pull the car around the corner, out of sight." Marina requested. A second later, the car behind Marina backed away slowly, before getting just out of sight. Slightly comforted by this, Marina pressed her finger down on the doorbell, swallowing.

A loud ringing echoed across the house, before slow, almost heavy footsteps made their way to the front door. Marina caught a glimpse of blue hair from a window before the door opened, and three of Marina's five senses were assaulted at once.

You... looked like a wreck, to put it lightly. Your eyes were sunken and bloodshot, with bags dark enough to show up against the rings around your eyes. The whole thing was followed by a smell of coffee so strong that Marina could taste it.

"...Y/n...?" Marina looked at you as your eyes started to glaze over, your eyelids starting to grow heavy. Marina waved her hand in front of your face, which seemed to snap you back into reality for a moment.