12: Would you like AM, or FM?

Y/n L/n's Survival Log: Entry 587

  With a weak roar of pain and defeat, the Sea Dragon Leviathan fell limp, it's flesh ripped and torn by the drill on Sigma.

  You emerged from the vehicle, knife in hand to get cuts of this creatures meat. This is what you first resorted to, in order to keep your mental health. You would hunt down any creatures you could, cut them up, and eat them.

  So far, you had eaten at least one of every creature to exist in the Safe Shallows, and the surrounding biomes. Even the Reaper Leviathan, which had once terrorized you for months on end, ended up on your plate with some potatoes and lantern fruit.

  By the way, you were right about Reapers being mostly muscle. The only good cut you got from it was tough, chewy, and only flavored by the other food you ate with it.

  The Ghost Leviathan was useless for nutrition, as its main body consisted nearly only of its vital organs and that weird gel-like flesh. The Sea Dragon, however, was a refreshing break.

  Cooking was difficult, as this creature's flesh was well adapted to the heat, but once you got past the skin and the muscle, you got actual taste. You couldn't be surprised, as it was the heftiest of the leviathans you could find without going into the dead zone.

  Yeah, Sea Dragon was an easy favorite, with the Lava Lizards and the Oculus being close seconds and thirds.

  You left the car of Off The Hook, as they headed off to work, leaving you to enter the grate leading to the Octo Canyon. The morning was more urgent for them. They seemed really invested in speaking with those two people(8 and the Cap'n), so much so that they needed to get work out of the way as soon as they could.

You emerged, forming into your full body, revealing the area to be empty, except for a sleeping Octavio. Shrugging, you sat down by the door to the cabin, grabbing your phone. You had recently begun fiddling with music making apps. They were screwy, and (at least to you), inferior to using an actual instrument to record, and a program to string the recordings together.

After a few minutes of futzing around, you heard liquid sloshing as Marie emerged from the grate, in her regular Kimono, cause screw normal clothes.

"Oh, morning Y/n." Marie greeted you. You gave her a wave as she spoke.

"Callie sent you?" She asked.

"Yup. Told me you needed my help yesterday." You told her. Marie sighed, rolling her eyes as she opened the door to the cabin.

"Not really, just told my audience I'd have a friend with me today. I would've liked to get Callie, or maybe Pearl or Marina, but you'll suffice." Marina stated, holding the door open for you.

"I choose not to be insulted by that." You said, walking in.

"You don't get insulted by anything, Coffee Addict." Marie countered, sitting down in the mostly empty space. It was just a few throw pillows, surrounding a low table with a few set pieces for anyone doing a radio show.

"Pretty barren in here." You noted. Marie shrugged, sitting down.

"I've only done my show here for a while. Everything else has been done at home." Marie paused for a moment, sitting down.

  "I'm not starting the show for a while, so make yourself comfortable." In response, you sat down on a throw pillow, staring at a radio Marie had in a corner.