17: A Fun... Game

"That was quite some fun, wouldn't you say?" You asked, hanging the motorcycle helmet Marina lent you on the garage wall.

  "Yup! And if Pearl did as I asked, which I hope she did..." Marina walked to the front door, walking inside.

  "We should have company once more." She told you. You stopped for a moment, thinking to when you met the squid sisters with 8, 3, and the Cap'n.

  "Did you invite Callie and Marie for another sleepover, today?" You asked. Marina nodded, smiling pridefully.

  "It's more fun having more people over. Besides, I'll see about playing some fun games this time!" She assured you.

  "Like what?" You asked. Marina shrugged, thinking off the top of her head.

  "Just... basic party games." Was her response.

  "Like... what?" You persisted.

  "Well, um... just stuff like... the things you would find at any college party." She told you.

  "So, drinking games and games like spin the bottle." You responded.

  "No, not like that!" Marina tried to defend herself, as you smirked, rolling your eyes.

  "Okay Marina, I'll make sure to have a few mints before we start." You told her, walking to the stairs.

  "Wait, wait, I swear it's not like that!" She exclaimed, flustered beyond belief. You chuckled to yourself, walking back to her, leaning forward.

  "Really? What a shame." You teased, watching her face grow green from embarrassment. You chuckled, shaking your head. You weren't usually so bold, but Marina just kinda left herself open to the teasing. You felt your happy mood slowly drain as you walked through the house, remembering your problems. You entered your room, flopping onto the bed with a humph of air escaping your mouth.

You should probably go downstairs, where everyone was waiting. Marina said there would be a pretty big group, and if it was rude to keep one lady waiting, imagine leaving five to wait. Six, if you included 3.

You sighed in defeat, getting up and walking back out of your room, down the stairs.

You stepped into the kitchen, where Callie was tapping away on her phone.

  "Hello." You greeted, making a beeline for the coffee machine. Callie saw you take some grounds from a neighboring cabinet, and figured what you were doing.

  "More coffee? I swear, you're addicted." She chuckled at you, before stopping when you took out a tall bottle,  putting it beneath the dispenser instead of the pot.

  "I'll just, um... see myself out." She quickly opened the fridge, grabbing a carton of ice cream, and a spoon before leaving you to your coffee collection.

You silently watched the drink slowly fill the bottle of your choice, and after a few minutes of blank silence, you grabbed the pot.

All it took was a quick second to replace the bottle, and you were screwing the lid on, walking into the living room, where Callie was eating some ice cream. The floor had been set up for some games, with a coffee table in the middle, surrounded by a ring of throw pillows, enough for everyone to sit down on.

"Hi Y/n!" You looked at 8, who was enthusiastically waving at you from a pillow. You gave her a short wave, sipping your coffee. Your quiet demeanor as you sat down on the couch caught Marinas attention, as she smiled warmly at you.

"Come on, Y/n, lets play some games." She waved you over. You shrugged standing up as she patted the throw pillow to her left. To her right was Pearl, then Callie, Marie, 3, and 8. To 8's right would be you.