27: Dug Up Pasts

A day passed, and neither Pearl nor Marina were talking to you. Well, you gave them good reason to give you the silent treatment, but still.

Currently, you stood alone in the kitchen, sipping coffee mixed with hot chocolate as you browsed through reviews of the show. Unsurprisingly, they were overwhelmingly positive.

  Lots of surprise at your sudden appearance, even more that it was beside Callie. You nodded, scrolling past each review, stopping to read before continuing. There were low ratings, but those were single sentence ones describing how they couldn't get in because they didn't get a ticket(shocker), how they were mad at a guy performing beside four of the most popular girls, stupid stuff like that. Basically, bullshit that was just people being butthurt or cheap.

  You finished your mug, turning your phone off with a sigh. You rinsed the mug, going upstairs to enter your room. You weren't really sure what you could do, with Pearl and Marina refusing to talk to you. You could phone up Callie and Marie, but they were likely busy, Marie with her radio show, and Callie with whatever career she had. It was acting, if you remembered correctly.

  You looked around the room, wondering what you could do to pass the time. You could play some music, but after the concert, you were kind of burnt out. Not much, but enough for you to get a nagging urge to not play for a bit.

With a sigh, you got up, an idea coming into mind.

  Sunlight flickering over 8's eyes disturbed her rest, getting her body to fidget, before she sat up suddenly, a brief look of fear flickering through her eyes. She swallowed, shaking her head. She wasn't sure what had been going on, but she had the occasional bad dream surrounding some of the only events she could remember from her couple months of memory.

  With a heavy yawn, she pushed herself off her bed, walking to a dresser that had been set up in her room, stuffed with clothes that were both brand new and hand-me-downs from Marina that the latter never got to donate. She chose a large hoodie that was still kind of oversized, but comfortable, which covered a white shirt with a red dragon design covering it. After getting those on, she pulled on a pair of sweatpants, walking out of the room.

  The walk to the kitchen was familiar to 8 by now. Get out of the room, turn left, walk down hall, then down stairs. She'd end up near the dining room, then she'd go into the kitchen to get some breakfast.

  As she stepped through the doorway leading into the kitchen, her morning was already made brighter by the sight of her father figure going through cupboards.

  "Good Morning, Y/n." 8 called out. You looked away from the cupboard you were rummaging through.

  "Hello, Einfühlsam. How'd you sleep?" You asked.

  "Good. How did you sleep?" She repeated to you.

  "Meh. Marina's still giving me the silent treatment, so I was in my room." You let her figure that out as you shut the cupboard, grabbing a notepad from the counter.

  "What are you doing?" 8 asked, tilting her head in curiosity.

  "Figuring out what the owners of this house are low on. I have nothing to do, and I get the feeling that Pearl and Marina would like me to at least try to make up for giving him quite the shock, so I'm gonna do some shopping later. Say..." You looked at 8, tapping your chin with a pen.

  "You wanna come with me? We could spend the day together, bond a bit." You told her. 8 thought over it.

  "Sure. Would we just do shopping?" She questioned.

  "If we leave early enough, I could also take you around town. Get some takeout for lunch, let you play some turf war. Just a day out while Pearl and Marina simmer down." You offered.