24: Your Dear Teufel Hunden

Dull sunlight seeped through the windows of your bedroom as you placed an old, rolled up hoodie on your unused bed. After double checking the door, you slowly unrolled the hoodie, revealing a number of mechanical pieces, alongside the frame for a pair of sunglasses. You smiled at the sight, before rubbing your hands together in slight anticipation. You looked up from the pieces at the bed, where your first pair of sunglasses were waiting. They would get a tune up, but other than that, you'd use them as a reference point.

Bringing all pieces to the floor where a number of tools waited, you got to work. The circuitry would stay mostly the same, but you'd have to redo some of the programming, something you weren't too thrilled about. You clipped and stuck small pieces together, double and triple checking the wiring to make sure it was all connected. You took the old pair of sunglasses, using a small screwdriver to pry them open to reveal the work you had done with them. The circuit boards were small, and mostly focused in the sides of the frames, so that you could actually see when wearing them. You'd have to make it more compact, so you could see just that little bit better.

  The usual residents of Pearl's Mansion were doing their usual things of the day, from the sound of it. You perked an ear up as Marina's ringtone echoed through the place. You recognized the tune as a short, techno type beat you made years ago. Seems Callie got to Marina, huh?

  After a second, you heard Marina excitedly shout something out, followed by cheering from her and Pearl, before your phone started to buzz, indicating a call. Without looking, you took your phone from your back pocket, stepping back to answer it.

  "You got Y/n." You answered.

  "Heeey, Y/n!" You sat on the ground as Pearl's voice came through the receiver.

  "I heard you from up here. What's the news?" You asked.

  "Oh, it's nothing, except for a new concert the squid sisters managed to score us." Pearl revealed.

  "Oh? Will you four be singing together?" You asked absentmindedly, looking back at your glasses.

  "As far as I heard, yes. Rumor has it that Callie decided to snag a fifth to sing along with us. I just hope they're worth their stuff, if they actually are gonna be on stage with us."

  "I see. Make sure to keep me updated." You requested.

  "Yup. We're celebrating after dinner, so don't miss out." She told you.

  "Celebrating? You make it sound like champagne is getting busted out." You remarked. You were met with silence.

  "...Pearl?" You asked. What you got in response was a click, as the inkling hung up on you. You paused, unsure how to feel, before lowering the phone. You'd jump that hurdle when you reached it.

  Seeing nothing else to do, you got back to work on your sunglasses.

  After an hour of work, you sat back, using your shirt to dab at sweat beading on your forehead. You got the sunglasses both put together and cleaned up, meaning you had to reprogram, something you would put off for a while. You gathered both pieces of eyewear, stowing them in your dresser, before nabbing a flash drive from the same drawer.

  Over your frequent trips to Off The Hook's recording room, you had... snuck in the use of several instruments to put together most of the songs you had in your head. In fact, of all the instruments you tried out, the guitar was one of the only you didn't try out. Of course, you didn't always touch stuff you shouldn't. Only most of the time...

  You slipped the drive of music into your pocket, unlocking your bedroom door and walking down the hall, down the stairs, and into the lower floor.