2: Sweet Escape

Y/n L/n's Containment log: Entry 83

Ashley has been acting strange. She's becoming quiet, reserved. In truth, that, alongside her breakdown scared you beyond imagination. Right now, she was teaching you about human history, about a military attack on some city that took place thousands of years ago, before the great flood, and before space travel was even possible, when people traveled on the backs of beasts.

"And when no more hope was left for the defenders of Vienna, they arrived." Ashley told you.

  "Who arrived?" You asked. Ashley sighed, flicking the glass.

  "The Winged Hussars." You tilted your head in confusion.

  "Winged....Hussars? What are those?" You asked. Ashley gave you a short smile, as she answered.

  "They were soldiers that arrived in the nick of time, cutting down their opponents with ease, and saving those poor, weary fellow soldiers." She told you. You gasped, thinking over it.

  "So, if someone were to help me right before I died, and save me, they would be my Winged Hussar?" You asked. Ashley giggled, in spite of herself, shaking her head.

  "No, Y/n. That's called a Deus Ex Machina. Winged Hussars were a type of soldier, so fearsome that all fell before them." She explained.

  "Oh..." you looked downcast at that, before regaining your posture, making a fist.

  "Then when I return home, I'll train to become a Winged Hussar myself!" You proclaimed.

  "You already have a life singing, Y/n. Don't throw it away for a lofty goal like that." Ashley told you. Something in her tone put you off.

  "Are you okay, Ashley?" You asked. Ashley nodded, wiping her nose, before she stood up.

  "Can you do me a favor, Y/n?" She asked. You nodded, anything for Ashley.

  "Yeah, what is it?" You asked. Ashley swallowed, turning away.

  "Count the days, starting tomorrow. When you reach day 16, tell me." She told you. You nodded vigorously, looking at her as she started to walk away.

  "Yes, I'll do that, I promise!" You shouted after her, as the door shut behind her.

  The shining sun seemed to invade your eyes as you sat up, pushing the blankets off of your body.

  Wait, blankets? You looked down at the bed you were sleeping in, then the room around you. This was not the street you fell asleep in. You stood up, getting out of bed as an echoing noise made itself evident. Footsteps, and shouting.

  "What do you mean you brought him here!?" A familiar voice shouted. They did not sound happy.

  "You saw how he looked! The clothes, no weapons, how he slept! He obviously needs help, Pearlie!" This voice was also familiar, something you couldn't quite place your finger on.

  "If he needed medical help, then you should've brought him to the hospital! He's homeless! You brought a homeless person into our house!" 'Pearlie' shouted. The second voice didn't respond for a moment as the footsteps got closer. Then you realized their destination.

  Shit.   You ripped open a large pocket on your pants, taking out a survival knife as you leapt across the room, making it to the door while making minimal noise.

  "You're right, Pearlie. You always are. I was just-" 'Pearlie' interrupted her once again, much quieter than before.

  "I understand, Marina. Someone needed help, and you couldn't help. But please, let's just hope he isn't some freak show, and is someone with their sanity." They reached the door. You heard the doorknob rattle. You gripped your knife, spinning it in your hand.