13: Your Winged Hussar

Y/n L/n's Survival Log: Entry 798

  Beta released a creature decoy, which shot off into the darkness as the Seamoth itself chugged along the dark, mostly empty waters. The red light of the decoy went dark as something got between the two of you, something you didn't care for.

  As long as the reaper in the area was distracted, you could get to the nearby Sea Emporer Juvenile in peace. The reaper roared, chasing the decoy as you held a hand up, flipping the bird at the beast as it disappeared into the distance.

  Soon enough, the bioluminescence of the familiar creature grew clear to you. You flicked the lights on Beta on and off a few times, prompting the leviathan to swim over, to inspect you.

  You left the Seamoth, holding a flashlight to the colossal being. Swimming over, you gingerly began to scratch the scaly nose of the Sea Emperor. A series of clicks and chirps emerged from the vocal cords of it, betraying it's happiness on seeing you again. Even after a few years, the emperors knew who you were, the one that freed them from the aquarium, and their eggs.

  After a bit of playing with the leviathan, you entered Beta again, turning around. The leviathan turned away, swimming into the deep as you began the drive away.

  Soon enough, you began passing through reaper territory again. You prepared to fire another creature decoy, before Beta was lurched to the side, and you were brought face to face with the reaper, which had decided to sneak up on you once again.

  You brought your hand to the shockwave button, about to force the damned thing off of you, before the reaper opened it's mouth, forcing itself against the glass, with an ear piercing screech.

  You sat up in bed, putting your hands over your ears to drown out the shriek of that beast. Shaking and sweating, you opened one eye to see the room you were in.

  Just... just a dream. You told yourself, pulling the covers off of your body. It was barely light outside, like the sun had just began to rise a few minutes ago. Good enough for you.

You entered the kitchen, brewing a pot of coffee. As the coffee machine got to work, you opened the door to the dining room, looking in.

You weren't sure if you expected to see Pearl and Marina asleep are their keyboards, but there they were. Pearl was muttering in her sleep, and Marina had her light snore.

Seeing Marina asleep made you flash back to the morning after Callie and Marie stayed the night, with you and Marina really close.

That was a good night.

You poured yourself a mug of coffee, taking a sip, before walking back into the dining room, placing a hand on Marina's shoulder.

"Hey." You whispered, lightly shaking Marina. She groaned, moving her arm to try and swat you away. You persisted in trying to wake her up.

"Marina, wake up." You whisper-shouted. Marina turned her head, opening an eye to look at you.

"What do you want, Y/n?" She asked, half asleep.

"For you two to not try and pull an all nighter by staring at a computer screen. I've done it before, but no." You put down your mug of coffee, as Marina shifted her head, facing the table.