Chapter Twenty Three~Rudolph?

"A little time to show you I'm worth it                           I know that I can be a difficult person"

                           I know that I can be a difficult person"

"You wanted to talk, so talk."

Her voice was harsh, her stare was cold. She wouldn't even look at me, meet my eyes. One of my favorite things about Valeria was that she would never talk to you without eye contact. Her eyes would always meet yours, filled with interest in all you were saying. Now it felt like she put a wall up, keeping me from reaching her. 

That was the worst. I wanted to get to her, to apologize, but I knew that an apology wouldn't do anything but put more distance between us.

I needed to do something else. Something that I'd been avoiding to do since I had met her. I had to tell her everything and ask her something.

It was quiet for a while. Us finding a sense of peace in the whistling wind, the blowing trees, and the birds chirping through the fading day. I have always despised silence with V, we had so much to say to each other that each moment gone wordless had me thinking it was wasted. Now, though, it felt like the silence was needed, necessary to get my point across to her.

I took a moment to look at her. Really look at her. Her auburn hair blowing in her face, her eyes avoided all contact with me, the tip of her ears a bright shade of crimson, her rosy cheeks glowing from the cold, and finally her marveled face which was tilted towards the sky as if she wanted nothing to with me.

 It was at that moment that I finally noticed the deep eye bags under her eyes, and instantly felt regret fill my heart hoping that I hadn't done that even if I had known that I had.

I licked my dry lips and opened my mouth after the everlasting moment of tranquility.

"Valeria." That's all I said. I wanted her to look at me, to see how genuinely sorry I was for everything that came out of my mouth that hollow evening of my father's return. She finally looked at me, her head tilted upwards, and her green eyes hit me harder than a train ever could have. Sparkling under the setting sun and glowing specks scattered all over. 

They held a sense of calmness now, in contrast to her aloof stare earlier. They softened when I tentatively took her hand in mine and tugged to pull her closer to my body. I was surprised when she didn't try to pull her hand away, instead, her fingers curled around mine and intertwined them. My heart sped up at her touch, as it always did, reminding me how important this girl was to me.

Bringing myself back to reality, I once again attempted to find my voice,

"I want to take you somewhere, but before that, I want to apologize. I didn't mean anything I said to you. The only reason, I said what I said, was because.." I stopped contemplating how I wanted to do this. I closed my eyes, took a deep breath, and told myself that V wasn't one to judge.