Chapter Thirty Eight~ Love Letter

"Four chords, three minutes you'd never fit in it

                           So I just take you line by line."

"You're an idiot" Parker claimed.

"Oh, I'm the idiot? Dude, you're the one who said 7 times 8 is 54!" Jayden fired back

"It was an honest mistake" Parker whined like a freaking child.

"You're in eleventh grade, that shouldn't be a mistake at all, dingus" Jayden joked and slapped Parker upside the head. You can only imagine what that led to. Now they're running around the room like freaking two-year-olds while Lucas and I are actually trying to get some work done. SATs were in like two weeks and these three doofuses thought it would be a good idea to study together which obviously led to getting absolutely no studying done at all.

It was the day after Valeria's birthday and the boys and I were in the living room with her old flashcards trying to study. Our SATs were supposed to be in January but they kept getting postponed and the final is in the next two weeks I offered to study together but she honestly said she wouldn't get much studying done because "I would be too distracting". She's too adorable.

I don't know if she read my letter yet, where I had poured my feelings out for her because I didn't think I'd be able to say all I wanted to out loud. So I wrote her a letter and yesterday she handed me an envelope which she told me to open when I was alone. I have been itching to open it like crazy but my so-called idiots for best friends won't leave me alone. I look up to see Jayden and Parker have sat down again and the house was a mess. Damn mama's going to kill us. I glared at Parker who stuck his tongue out at me. I literally have a five-year-old for a best friend. I rolled my eyes at him and examined the damage they had done. The throw pillows my mom is extremely fond of are scattered around the living room and there are cookie crumbs blanketing the floor.

I closed my eyes for five seconds and my phone is snatched out of my hand by the devil himself inside the body of a 17-year-old idiot. The vent I was sitting next to let out a cool breeze as I shivered lunging for Parker, so he could give me back my phone.

"Stop. My phone's dead and I just want to talk to V." He complained. I can't even question why he wants to talk to her considering she's like our group therapist. I mean she just walks in one day with a cute smile, dimples, and magnificent personality and everyone, including myself falls in love with her. I guess that's how it started, whenever any of us had a problem or needed help, the first person any one of us would go to would be Valeria. I rolled my eyes for what seemed like the hundredth time today and watched as he texted my girlfriend from my phone. Lucas was grabbing his blue and black backpack and it seemed like he and Jayden were heading out, probably to eat.

"Where y'all heading?" I asked picking up the pillows and grabbing the English SAT practice textbook. Lucas grinned a stupid smile and Jayden reached over the table to grab my mom's car keys.