Chapter Twenty~ Oh Might As Well Just Kill Me Now

SURPRISE!! DOUBLE UPDATE WOOHOO! You love us yet?

                               "Should I say I'm sorry?                                  Did I mess it up?                                   All that you got from me                                     Was it not enough?"

                                  Did I mess it up?
                                   All that you got from me
                                     Was it not enough?"

What in this Godforsaken world? What were they doing here? Is everything okay? 

Panic flooded through my mind as Lucas and Lilly drove me back to the orphanage. I was sure I saw the twins at the hospital and now Kayden was roaming my mind more than usual. Honestly, the day went by so fast and tomorrow I had to go to school. Lilly had asked Lucas for a ride and he came with her as fast as he could. He had brought cookies for me and Maddie who was getting more sleep than a baby these days. Lucky child.

I tugged at the ends of my hair as my mind wandered back to Kayden, where it was usually these days. I closed my eyes and hoped to every God above that he is okay and that his family is okay because I know what it feels like to lose someone and I don't ever want someone I care about to go through that. As pity and sadness came for him anger also followed along. I mean for the past couple of days he was ignoring my existence completely and then he just shows up at the hospital. I was angry because one thing I hated more than anything was being left in the dark. It frustrated me and ate me up inside.

"Honestly who wants to read about some forbidden love story about a girl and a guy whose families hated each other? It's stupid, it's boring, and it's complicated. I literally don't understand the point of praising a man who is ruining every teenager who goes to school's life. Terrible. Dis-gus-ting." Lucas rants.

He had been ranting for the entire car ride about how annoying Shakespeare was and how Romeo and Juliet was one of the stupidest concepts ever invented. I actually disagreed as I think it's a beautiful love story.

"You, my friend, are just too blind to the concept of love to understand dingus." I shot back. No one insults Shakespeare, that man is incredible. Lucas scrunched up his face and mocked me as Lilly rolled her eyes at our childishness.

"Blind to love? Dude, just because I refuse to date 'till college doesn't mean I don't know what love is." He replied. Seriously, how can one brain hold so much emptiness? Lilly had been quiet throughout the ride and it was because she knew something that was wrong, she knew why the boys were at the hospital and she was being a big fat jerk about it. 

A couple of minutes later Lucas parked on the street and we convinced him we wanted to stop by the music store to pick up something for Maddie. Lies, I know, but I didn't want to tell him the truth yet. I wasn't ready, well, I didn't want to be ready.

Lilly and I stepped out of the car and Lucas smiled at us, waved, and drove away. The two of us started walking towards the orphanage in silence and I couldn't stand it.