Chapter Eleven~A Flawed Plan

A/N: Ya'll this song hits different, pls give it a listen as you're reading! Happy Reading! 

Recap:

I opened the door to the orphanage, the lights being off, because everyone was probably asleep by now. I walked in, slipping my shoes off at the entrance, and turning on the light, when I heard a voice straight out of my nightmares.

"Well, hello, Valeria. Long time no see."

Jason Owens.

_________________________________

Okay, so this chapter has some sensitive abusive content. We would never want any of our readers to feel uncomfortable, so skip it over, and I'll give a recap next chapter to catch you up. For the rest of you, enjoy!

                        "Unburn the ashes                             Unchain the reactions, I'm not ready to die, not yet"

                        "Unburn the ashes
                             Unchain the reactions, I'm not ready to die, not yet"

"Jason... What are you doing here?" I stammered. My heart was beating so heart against my chest I thought it was actually going to pop out. 

Jason Owens. Where do I even start? He was the owner of the orphanage. My orphanage. He was one of the richest men in New York. People adored him because they thought he was so amazing as he took ownership of an orphanage. But that isn't true. He only did it for the money and the fame. I'm one  of the people not phased by his act, because I knew the real him, I didn't want to but I did. 

Before my dad left, the two of them were very close to each other, but with me, he hated me. I knew why too. I reminded him too much of my mother and he was in love with her, also considering the fact that he adored my father, I was his next victim. 

I had gone through years of silent torture from him, not telling anyone because he threatened to take the orphanage away from my aunt and knowing him he'd do exactly that if a single word ever came out of my mouth about it. 

It got worse as I got older, then the abuse wasn't just verbal but started becoming physical. He found me in places where I was all alone so no one would or could ever see what was happening. Now I could practically smell the alcohol from his mouth and I had to hold myself back from gagging. 

"What do you mean? I own this place, don't I?" He slurred, stumbling towards me. I didn't dare move. Maybe if I stayed still and very quiet he would just leave. But deep down I knew better than that, this was Jason and he would not give up. 

He took another step towards me, coming dangerously close and I visibly gulped. I wasn't very good at hiding my expressions. I was scared and he saw right through me. 

"Scared are we? Don't worry my little Valeria, it won't hurt this time." He said his voice cold and distant. 

My little Valeria.