Chapter Fifteen~ Why is the car not moving?

"When you still can't feel the rhythm of your heart                            And you see your spirit fading in the dark"

                            And you see your spirit fading in the dark"

"Hello?" I said picking my things up and walking out of the cemetery. My pace was slow and my heart was heavy having reminisced all the wonderful shared memories with my mom and dad. There's so much I wish I could just ask them right now, I mean everyone always goes to their parents when they have tough decisions but I've been making decisions by myself for so long I wish that sometimes I just didn't have to worry about it.

"Valeria." Charlotte's voice echoed through the phone, she sounded as if she was seconds away from a mental breakdown. Her voice was shaking on just my name. That's when my worrying began. What happened? Last I checked she was just taking Maddie and the other girls for Maddie's dentist appointment. What could have possibly gone wrong?

"Yes, Letty. It's me, I need you to breathe for me, and answer calmly. What happened?" I heard her take a deep breath as per my directions.

"It's Maddie. Sh-she was in the passenger seat, and this car -just slammed right into her side of the c-car as I was driving---" Her voice broke off and I knew she was now crying. It wasn't her fault but according to her it had to be. That was just Letty's nature, she blamed everything on herself and though most times it saved her from the mental trauma of blaming someone else, other times it only hurt her more. This was one of those times.

Maddie. Oh Maddie, oh my god, I hope to God she's okay, because I don't know what the heck I would do in this world with her.

God? I know you're up there. After everything I've been through, everything that's changed in my life, my faith in you has never wavered. You've been by my side through everything, and you're the reason, I'm still here right now, completely okay. I need you to make sure that Maddie, my Maddie, is okay, is alive. I know she doesn't believe in you, but that's okay. You love everyone. Please. Save her for me. She's the one person dearest to my heart, she knows all of my secrets now. I've lost so much already. I can't lose her too. 

I finish my prayer with a shaky breath, trying to regain my calm. 

"Oh my g-god. Okay, breathe Charlotte, everything's gonna be okay. Where are you, are you guys at the Hospital? I'm going to find a ride and get there as soon as possible. Just hold it together for the girls. They need you more than ever right now. God's on your side. He'll get us through this. Trust him."

I was trying to convince myself as much as I was trying to convince her, because right now it did not seem like that at all. I felt a tear roll down my cheek and I knew how she must be feeling, I had to get to her.

"Valeria. You can't come, in fact you don't need to. You're right I need to get myself together. I'm fine now. You're scared of hospitals V, I would never ask you to come. Don't, alright? I'll keep you updated. Promise. Look, I have to go. I love you, bye V."