Chapter Thirty Nine~ Eternally yours

"You came                         Out nowhere like a hurricane                        Pull me in and kiss me in the rain                        And I fell for you                      And my whole life changed"

                          "You came
                         Out nowhere like a hurricane
                        Pull me in and kiss me in the rain
                        And I fell for you
                      And my whole life changed"

Kayden's unseen letter to V; and some exciting news

Dear Valeria,

Five months ago you literally ran into me in our school cafeteria and changed my life. I was a jerk to you, and that's putting it nicely. I was rude and snappy, and honestly, I guess I was waiting for the moment you decided I wasn't worth your time because that's exactly what everyone else did. But you were persistent, and maybe I hated that about you at first because it annoyed me but I can promise you that I love your determination. So we gave the friend thing a shot even though we knew just how much we felt for each other was not enough for friendship. But we also knew that we had too much of our past we were both holding in to try anything more at the time. Then three months later, I found myself telling you things I'd never uttered to anyone before. You became more than just my girlfriend, after that, you became my person. I came to you with all my problems, issues with my dad, not wanting to take my medicine, I could talk to you about all that without feeling embarrassed or stupid. That's the best feeling.

From the moment I first laid eyes on you in that hallway, I knew I was yours. Of course, I didn't know how you were ever going to be interested in me with all my baggage so my reflex was rudeness. But your forest green eyes allured me and your long beautiful wavy auburn hair had me hooked. Everything about you is enticing. I'd never found myself feeling this deeply about anyone before in my life; you were the first. It was all like a game I've never played before, one that I know is dangerous because the stakes are high but the prize is worth it. You were the prize, love was the game, my heart was the stake. I'm so glad I decided it was worth it.

Let me take this moment to tell you how perfect you are because you never let me do it in person. You have the most beautiful eyes God has ever given anyone in history, you make guys swoon from just looking at you at a distance. They're like a jungle, luring you in until you find yourself lost. Always holding a curiosity, a hunger, a passion, I wanted nothing but to get to know your eyes so well I could tell what was happening in your mind just from looking at you. Then you have the most striking personality. For someone who's been through so much of her own crap in the past, you worry more about everyone else around you. 

Concern laces your eyebrows when your friends mention a problem and I know you spend every waking moment trying to solve it for them. That also speaks for itself about your loyalty, you didn't have to join our weirdo of a friend group, but you did, and you never left. You kept all your crap hidden in secret so damn well I only noticed because I wore the same expression every morning. I feel relieved, you chose me to dump it all on, because seeing how happy that makes you make me unbelievably content.