Chapter Fourteen~ Disney Movies are the Cure

"Even when I'm on my own, I know I won't be alone                       Tattooed on my heart are the words of your favorite song"

                       Tattooed on my heart are the words of your favorite song"

Charlotte was not happy. And a not happy Letty resulted in a not happy orphanage. I was to blame for that. The car ride was silent. I could literally hear my heartbeat. I'd never seen her like this, I mean yeah she'd get mad at us because we often did stupid ish but I had never seen her this angry.

Charlotte was fuming when we both stepped into the orphanage and to say that I was scared would be an understatement. I shrug off my jacket and hang it on the coat rack as she quietly proceeds to watch me creepily. I open my mouth to apologize but then holds up her hand and walks into the kitchen.

I quickly follow her knowing this would be hard. One thing that we both have in common is that we are extremely stubborn. I sigh and reach my hand out to take hers but she just simply moves away. I needed to fix this, I don't know what I'd do without her by my side and I know I upset her but there has to be something I could do to make it up. I tug the ends of my hair in frustration and head upstairs.

What did Charlotte like to do? The first and initial response of my brain was Disney movies and then I had it. I grinned to myself as I ran into my room closing the door behind me. I reach deep into my closet pulling out the fluffy blankets I only kept for emergencies. I heard the door to Letty's room close and I knew she was taking a shower. Perfect now I can set my plan up.

You know, you could just apologize and be a good girl but instead you want to watch Disney movies as a 16 year old girl and be antisocial. And you wonder why you don't have a boyfriend.

Oh shut up, when do I ever ask for your opinion? Yet you never fail to put your two senses in. I shoot back at my brain. Honestly, someone better give it the worldwide award for being the dumbest, stupidest, and most annoying thing in the world. I run into the kitchen and pull out two mugs to make some delicious chocolate mug cake.

Fast forward like thirty minutes and the couch was filled with a bunch of cute throw pillows and blankets. The center table had a bunch of Disney movie options and heaven itself (the mug cake.) I sat on my phone for a couple minutes as I waited for her to come down. I scrolled through Instagram trying my best to not stalk Shawn Mendes and failing quite miserably but I mean how could you resist that face?

I hear footsteps and I turn to see Charlotte in her pajamas with tears running down her rosy red cheeks. I run to her and gently walk into her arms. Her arms went around me tight and she kissed my forehead affectionately.

"I feel like I failed you. Why didn't you come to me? I know I can never be your mother but I thought you trusted me. Do you understand how I feel when you don't come home from school and Maddie nor Lilly know where you are. The worst part was getting a call from Kayden telling me you were with him. Why couldn't you be with me? I need you to be safe, you're my everything baby girl. I love you so much. I-I-I want to be the big sister you never got but more than that I want to be someone you know you can come to at any and I mean any time. It was so scary V, I thought I lost you, just like I lost your mother." She cried and cried as she said those words.