𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟏

The Phoenix Headquarters

"Its very noble of you to finally claw Taehyung-ssi into successfully getting into the labs, Ms Seductress. You and our raven here, Jungkook ㅡ have vested a lot of patience and efforts to finally achieve this, and I'm proud of your work with us. You never fail to impress us, despite the shortcomings you've faced throughout the mission."

"I'm gratified to hear these words from you, Mr Oh. So what's the future lead in Tokyo?" I tried to cut him off, because the smirk and the glint of victory in his eyes was absurd.

"Oh yes ㅡ I've planned everything. So when Mr Kim shows you around the labs, you make sure to keep a watch on all the lock systems, pathways and tunnels as usual. The same night you get into the labs and disable the security systems and cameras, guards and get the drug sample to me. That will mark the last day of you two working with us. Our team will perform several tests on it and if we find the drug fatal, we will biochemically degrade it."

"And what if it's not faulty?" Guk asked.

"We'll hand it back to him." Sehun folded his arms over his chest.

"And you're promising that, aren't you? That you will return it?" I was unsure of his words but I had to show in just some more faith.

"I promise. If you still don't trust me then have my word; you can yourself deliver it to him. Only if you aren't afraid of your secret getting exposed."

"If I go in front of him, he wouldn't surely forgive me and have me escorted out of his life. But I want to give it a try, a risk by going back to him even if he never would want to see me again." I sighed heavily and Jungkook could notice the pain in my eyes.

"I see you've grown close to him, a lot Lisa-ssi." Sehun raised a brow questioning his doubt.

"No-no...he's just my target, like everyone else." I lied, biting the insides of my cheek. I wish I could say yes, yes because he's very dear to me.

"Very well. Move you get us the drug, we get to decide if it's a weapon or not."

"Sure sir." Guk and I said in unison.

A week later
Taehyung's private jet

When I entered the jet, I found that Taehyung was already inside, talking over someone over the phone. He was dressed in a navy blue waistcoat over his arm length white shirt, with fashioned pants and boots that made him look a plus riche high class businessman.

He took off his aviator sunglasses as he turned to face me, adjusting my seat. He sat beside.

"Who were you talking to?"

"Just making sure if the arrangements were done. You know, the extra guards and some monitoring?"

"Extra security because of me?" I asked, feeling a little underwhelmed.

"Don't worry about it Lisa. It's just a precautionary protocol that's all. But promise me, you'll stay quiet about us going too."

"Sure enough, I can't wait to see the labs!"

"The joke's on you, what an irony!"

Ugh Guk...

Tokyo, Japan

Taehyung booked us a suite each in a lavish hotel in the heart of the city, to not raise suspicion about his labs. He said his labs were located in the outskirts and so for safety measures he couldn't possibly disclose about the secretive property.