𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟎

The next thing I knew was I was kissing the Kim Taehyung, his arms encircled around my waist and my arms around his neck.

He started kissing me softly and I soon started to respond back. It wasn't a kiss of passion, but rather of reassurance, of love.

My thoughts were soon brought to rest as I heard Guk sigh sadly through the earpiece.

He would've surely known what was happening here even if he wasn't physically present.

I was perturbed; I felt guilt. This was the moment when I realized one thing: that I had feelings for both Jungkook and Taehyung. Feelings and emotions are inevitable. They mess up big time.

The thought of Taehyung getting close to me brought me happiness. I knew, if I managed to win his trust, the mission will be a piece of cake.

I was excited; I was close to my mission.

Getting back home, I knew I had some undone explaining to do. As it was getting dark, we decided to head back to Taehyung's villa.

"Halmeoni, Yeji, I'm so sorry I lied about myself. You have been so kind and sweet towards me, I feel guilty of hiding this. I was going through a hard time, I couldn't live as the same person anymore, so I decided to take a new identity. Pose as someone else."

"We understand, unnie. And we know that pretending as someone else will not change who you really are. We know the real you and that's what's more important. Now stop being sad please!" Yeji comforted me by giving me a pat on my shoulder.

"B-but halmeoni....I'm so s-sorry I ruined your birthday."

"Nah sweetie you didn't ruin anything. It was so boring anyway, you just made it a bit more exciting!" She enthusiastically said making us all chuckle.

As Taehyung and I stood next to each other, our hands accidentally touched and looking at each other, we smiled embarrassingly. He then caressed my hand on purpose. These gazes and this light action of his didn't go unnoticed, because soon halmeoni and Yeji started teasing us for this small exchange.

"Halmeoni! Am I the only saw that?" Yeji smirked.

"No baby, I saw that too."

"You two are so meant to be! Oppa, I wouldn't mind if you two married because you're so meant to be!!" Yeji chirped and we awkwardly stood next to each other, looking down at our intertwined hands.

"Nothing hides from the eyes, Taetae. I told you I already felt something between you two." Halmeoni added.

I knew them seeing us as a couple meant good news for the mission. But it confused me completely. Not only I was guilty of lying to such a sweet family, that I was here to merely spy into them and perhaps steal a supposed lifetime achievement of their son, but also I was simultaneously thinking about Jungkook. I couldn't get him out of my mind.

Should I feel guilty for him? That's the question. Since he also kissed Sana it did enrage me.

But there was something in the back of my head running parallel to this. I was afraid.

Afraid that,

Will Guk ignore me just like I did? I knew he was a professional and he should be okay with this. But I knew, no matter what happens next, I don't think I can handle if Jungkook ignores me. After all, the kiss made me feel bad for him too, since it was him I was thinking about all the while.

"Yah hold your horses! We do have a lot of time for that!" I drifted back to the real world when I heard Taehyung's confused voice.

"That means you're considering marriage as an option! Send us the wedding card soon alright?" Yeji added a wink which got both of us flustered.