𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟕

On my way out of the Phoenix headquarters, I observed the guards positions and also made a mental note of the security cameras fitted around the place.

Guk had already left since it was a break for today, though my phone buzzed and I found a text from Taehyung.

Taehyung:
Hi Lisa.
I hope I didn't unnecessarily bother you with calls. You didn't seem to pick up.

Me:
I just saw your missed calls. I was in a meeting and I kept my phone on silent. What happened?

Taehyung:
Nothing much, just wondered if you're free now.

Me:
Ofcourse I am!

Taehyung:
So I wanted to hear if you would like to drop by my office and maybe we could grab a cup of tea?

Me:
So am I getting asked out for a coffee date?

Taehyung:
Maybe a tea date? (I despise coffee so....)

Me:
Ah okay! I'll be there in an hour :)

Taehyung:
;)

▪︎

Since the headquarters were at the outskirts of the city, it took me around an hour to reach the Vantae Corp. When I headed in, I was met by the usual silence since I was visiting during work hours. Tzuyu ws focused over some work so I merely rented her and proceeded towards the cafeteria. I spun my head when I heard Taehyung's voice, I saw him exiting the lift as he was talking to someone over the phone. He seemed pretty annoyed from the bored expression he had over his face, immediately changing into a smile as he waved back at me.

"We have to do something of that power hungry asshole. When I already declared that I won't trade with him then why is he after this?"

He sounded very pissed. Though who was this power hungry asshole he was referring to?

"Fine. We have a deal. I'll sell it to him though he has to promise me in person that he'll make a wise use of it. I have some other affairs to attend, I'll settle the price later."

I wrote a text to Guk asking him if he could trace his phone records. Before I could send the text, he already had walked towards me.

I greeted him politely when he reached the table, he hesitantly smiled.

"Uhm I'm sorry, you're fine Taehyung?"

"Oh, yeah...I'm cool! Why so?" He slipped his phone into his pocket and fixed his blazer.

"Nothing, you just seemed little tensed over the call so I thought I should ask you..."

"That's some annoying guy who has been after me for months to buy one of my vintage cars. I was taken by surprise when he said he wanted to buy it at a ridiculously cheap price, haha."

I could read the restlessness in his eyes; I knew there was something more to this, given the fact he was preventing eye contact from me.

What are you hiding, Kim Taehyung?

I gave up on asking any further, for I didn't want to raise suspicion or uncomfort in his eyes.

"So how has it been since last night?"