𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟓

Two weeks.

Two weeks had passed to this incident.

The breakup of South Korea's most eligible bachelor and the top actress and supermodel made it to the headlines. All of this, in span of a night.

Just a bit of intoxication, that affected their lives and I felt extremely guilty about it.

I had been ignoring both Jungkook and Taehyung all this while. I wanted to give Taehyung some personal space, he needed it. He was suffering a breakup and it would be a sin if I intrude into his private space, even if I meant no harm and wanted to console him.

While Jungkook? I don't know. I wasn't still over with the fact that he was in the arms of another woman just the night after he had convinced me everything would be fine. I'm you and you're me; the lines once I was proud of, was now more like an embarrassment.

He would try calling me too, but I being thick headed, would always ignore his phone calls. I left his messages on seen and whenever he would text that he's coming to visit me I would turn him down by the excuse of exhaustion or fever.

He couldn't understand why I was doing this. Neither did I. At this point, nothing seemed like pretense.

I was starting to get real feelings for Jungkook. Something that I hated to believe and wanted to get rid of.

Today was finally the day I had made up my mind to meet Taehyung. I called Tzuyu to know about his schedule and when I can meet him and she immediately gave me the afternoon time, just an hour prior to the lunch hour.

Now it was time to take the mission to the next stage, where Taehyung had to forget Sana and become mine.

An hour later.
Reception area, Vantae Corp.

"How is he?" I greeted Tzuyu and bit my lip as asked her about Taehyung.

"He hasn't been eating lunch. He has lost quite an amount of weight, something I wouldn't be proud of." Tzuyu shrugged her shoulders with a sigh.

"Hmm...you tried to talk to him?"

"Err...no. He spends most of the time in office alone even after working hours are over. I heard from the guard yesterday that he is usually the last one to leave the place, mostly around midnight or even past midnight. I didn't want to intrude into his matters because we share just a boss-employee relationship and nothing more."

I could see the genuine sadness Tzuyu had in her eyes. She tried her best to hide those feelings by looking down to her feet but I knew seeing Taehyung in this state was not acceptable to her.

"Ah I see...."

"He might be expecting you. You should go in." Tzuyu held my hands in concern and nodded, before getting seated at her desk and starting off with her work.

"May I enter Taehyung ssi?" I knocked on the glass entrance of his huge cabin.

"Oh Lisa...didn't we say we were going to drop the honorifics? Come in." He lifted his head from the documents and got up from his desk to greet me.

"So....how have you been?"

"I'm....doing okay I guess. At least I now know whom to trust. Sometimes the most precious people in our lives play with our hearts. I guess that's what I'm facing now."

Taehyung sighed, while I passed him a helpless look. I knew someday I would be the next person to break his trust.

"I'm sorry Taehyung...I shouldn't have come up with this party idea. It's all because of me. I didn't even know why I was hoping when clearly Jungkook and I wouldn't have worked out together."