𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑

"I accept the mission. What about you raven?" "Ofcourse doll, I accept it too. Can't lose the opportunity to work with you." He showed me his bunny smile, yet again. "So its settled then. I'll hand you the case files and I'll make sure that your fake identity and false background are ready by next week. I take my leave now." Sehun said, and left the cabin after shaking hands and wishing us luck for the mission.

Feeling extremely awkward, just as soon as he left, I grabbed my coat and prepared myself to leave and so did Jungkook.

••••

"I can't believe I'm working with Miss Seductress herself! So it's true what others say; you do look like a living doll. I have always adored your work--" Jungkook tried to start a conversation as we walked out, but I wasn't in the mood for it. I maybe agreed to work in the mission, didn't mean I'd establish a bond with him. Remember, the sacred rule of my life, to never get caught up with other's feelings.

"Don't be so presumptuous about me raven. If you're thinking of ways to woo me then you're wrong. Your pretty face and these charming acts won't work on me." He widened his eyes in shock but a moment later his lips curved into a smirk. "Woah, your transitions seem to amaze me. You looked so normal back there and you're all bold and fierce here. And did you say pretty face? Well, thanks for the compliment. But don'tyou think calling me presumptuousis basically putting an allegationon me?"

"Ofcouse raven, you're supposed to be presumptuous and female mind reading expert, just as you're trying to psychoanalyze me right now. Remember, we're just a team, nothing more." I folded my arms and sternly faced him. He bent his back and looked down right into the hue of my eyes. "Are you setting up work boundaries between us because you're intimidated by my charms?" He asked with a raised brow.

"Intimidating? Big word, Jeon."

"Yeah, but definitely not bigger than my dick."

"The fuck? This is completely out of context--"

"You know you can ride me if you want to,Doll." He wiggled his brows. Nice comeback, I'll not let you prove that I get intimidated by you.

I couldn't find anything better than just turning away from him. "Okay, now that's enough of dirty stuff we've talked today. And what's wrong with you and weird names? Stop calling me doll....I ain't those crazy hoes who purposely flirt back and like to get toyed by ravens like you."

"You're a doll, a cute one rather. You act cold, but that doesn't mean I'd call you penguin?" I responded with nothing more than an eyeroll. "You're not really into making friends, are you?" "You're pretty intrusive, so it's equal. And, we wouldn't want distractions as we work, do we? And look Guk, stop your  psychoanalysis on me, think of ways at which you can lure Taehyung ssi's fiance." "I have already done some of my research. His fiance is Sana Minatozaki, a famous Japanese actress based in Korea. I happen to follow some of her movies and interviews. And her ideal type of person is someone who respects her profession, is hardworking and good to her parents." 

He expected a pat on his back, so I gave one: in Pretended admiration. "Oh wow! Astounding! I'm so proud!" I walked past him towards my parked sedan, and he followed along, doing clumsy actions so that I could spare a glance at him acting like a clown.

"You know doll, you're hard to impress. And somewhere I like that. To be honest I really felt a connection between us, which is why I thought we could develop a bond. But no worries, I'd make you feel the same too."

I thought he was talking silly, so I didn't respond to him. He walked me over to my car and opened the door for me like a gentleman. "See you in Seoul!"he cheerfully said and walked away down another lane doing the "I love you (🤘)" pose as his silhouette faded under the night sky.