𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒

I reread the note yet again. Was I being delirious,or had they found me for real? No Lalisa, it's been years. But how long can I keep running away from them? They're Pledis after all. The famous Pledis mafia, the most terrorizing mob circle spread across continents. The thought of how I met them still haunts me to this day.

▪︎

I lost my family at the age of 8,in the most horrifying ways possible. The course of my life just turned turned upside down in the span of a night. My family included my two loving parents and a dear younger brother, Lucas. They 'died' in one of the most gruesome incidents of the decade: a failed robbery and an accidental fire, as the media tabbed them. When people heard of the incident, they tried sending me tons of relief gifts like clothes, dolls, food etc. and so the shelter I lived in started using me as a clickbait for getting free resources. The media made the situation even worse.

They would always come around the area, and some of them would even pull me back to the house, which was once a heavenly abode just for the sake to interview me. They would chase me off to give interviews of how 'miraculously' I was the only survivor of the incident. The local police wasn't of any help either, they never investigated the case and just tabbed it as an accident when clearly it wasn't. They put the property under my name which could be claimed when I became an adult.

I was transferred later to a child psychiatric centre where I used to break out into frequent terrors in the middle of the night. I ran away from the place before I could get adopted by a foster family and what later followed were a series of misery and struggles.

I used sleep around the streets like beggars would, and pickpocket people for the day's food. Until one day, I pick pocketed from the wrong person- a gang member of the Pledis. A place I got dragged into, that made my life a living hell.

Flashback: Hong Kong, 15 years ago

A tight slap on my face that pushed me to fall down. "How did you dare to steal from us huh? Do you know who we are?" One of the two men spat at me in passable English. I got up, not breaking eye contact with the man who slapped me. "Hey dude, look at her. She's pretty and daring, exactly fit for Queen Bee's purpose. Let's take her there. Madame will like her." His partner said as he eyed me.

They blindfolded me and took me straight to a luxurious mansion where I saw her. Queen Bee. The dreaded name in Asian mafia, also called Kim Yong Sun her real name. She held my chin gently and noticed a bruise on my cheek. "Which one of you did this?" "Uh....Madame....me-" the man couldn't finish his sentence as she immediately slapped him the same way I was slapped before. "Did someone not teach you how to behave with kids Bruce? Just disappear from my sight." The man, now looking greatly intimidated, got away from there. She then stood again in front of me and grabbed me by my shoulders.

"Welcome to your new world, angel. I'm your new mama from now. You will call me Mommy. Understood?"

"Y-yes...Mommy."

▪︎

The following years of my life were different from the rest of the kids of my age. No friends, no parties, no boyfriends, no rebellious phase. I went through a hostile training period. Martial arts lessons on Mondays and Wednesdays. Shooting lessons on Tuesdays. Makeup, fitness and dance practices on Thursdays and Fridays. Alongside I was privately tutored in languages, math, sexology, history and science lessons regularly. The need to learn these subjects were to improve my analytical ability to understand the behavior of my targets. Sundays were mostly the days I was assessed. There was nothing I could do to stop this, despite knowing the fact that they were turning me into a weapon. If I refused or protested, they wouldn't hesitate to lock me up in a small, stone cold cellar. Completely naked, without clothes, blanket or bed, just by the warmth of a small candle the whole night. It was difficult and fearful for me to live in the room, especially because of the trauma I suffered after my family's death. Sometimes I was locked up for days without food, and I would pray for the candle to not blow off. There was nothing more I would ever fear than the cellar. To me, it was the epitome of evil itself.

▪︎

Back to Present day

I felt the sunshine hit my face and I slowly rubbed my eyes. I sighed. Another PSTD blackout, yet again. These strings had to stop, or I could be risking my career to this. I realized I was in my room, on my bed, wrapped in someone's arms. I looked up to find Jungkook, his head resting over mine as he slept soundly. I immediately pushed myself away from him in shock.

"Yah! You dimwit! How did you enter my fucking apartment?" "Ha, easy. I tapped your phone since you weren't responding. I found you on the floor - quite an uncanny place to sleep. So I carried you into your room but you kept uttering some words so I stayed by your side. But damn, you slept so much? Almost like a winter bear!"

"I don't know if I should thank you or smack you at your actions. Why did you have to hold me like that?" "You kept grasping my hand asking me not to leave."

"You're so dramatic oh my god! I'm even more embarrassed now." I said, blood rushing to my cheeks. I loved his smile, yet I wasn't going to admit it.

"Come on doll. I know you like my hugs. You can taste my lips too, I wouldn't mind." He licked his lips before casting a bright bunny smile.

"You sound like a sexually frustrated person to me. By the way what's the time?" "Its 8. Your appointment with Kim is in four hours." "Yah! Why didn't you wake me sooner! Damn!!"

I threw a pillow at him in annoyance as he snickered. "You looked beautiful like an angel and I didn't want to be a sinner by waking you." "Oh really? Get the fuck out of my room before I kneed you in your manhood."

"Damn doll. Your mouth is very deadly. It hurts." He put his palm on his right chest and gave me a visibly mocking pout. "Pabo. Your heart rests on your left. Now go out."

He turned to leave, when I suddenly stood before him stopping his path.

"Did you find any letter or some envelope beside me on the floor?" I asked and he shrugged his shoulders. "No, I only saw the case files lying on the table nearby so I arranged them. Was there anything else too?" "Uhm...nothing."

So does it mean I was just hallucinating? But I was sure I had found a letter and after which I had a blackout. Maybe I was taking excess stress.

Jᴜɴɢᴋᴏᴏᴋ's Pᴏᴠ:

I exited her room, with the letter crumbled under my jacket's pocket. Was there something that related me with her and this mission? I had to find out, without her knowing.

________________________________________

This chapter seems more like a flashback filler type but this is just a short insight to Lisa's past which will become more clear once more characters are introduced.
Stay tuned till then!

So is there something that Jungkook and Lisa have in common in context to the mission?

Why do you think Jungkook may have taken the letter Lisa supposes to have been sent by the mafia?

More mysteries coming soon!

________________________________________

Until next update,
Authornim.