Denki Kaminari × Reader: Of Course

Start from the beginning

Your eyes travelled over everyone until they reached Denki. He seemed to automatically notice your stare as he looked up and sent you a small smile. You returned one, not before mouthing 'fuck' to him in desperation. He silently laughed, writing a quick note on his paper before slightly lifting it to show you.

'You got this!' With a small smiley face written on the end. 

You thanked him in sign language before looking back down at your test and putting your focus back into the questions. The Pre-Test was accumulative, not only that, but it was a little bit of everything, which made it worse for everyone who tended only to struggle in certain areas. But because of the school teaching not only regular academics, but hero work, you had three major Pre-Tests and seven major finals. Four were your average courses: Math, English, Economics, and Science. While the other three were Hero course only: History of Heroes, Physical Exam, and Hero Compatibility.

You had already finished up the Hero course tests, your class passing with flying colors, and now it was onto the normal classes. "Students, the time is now 11:25. In five minutes the bell will ring signaling your start of lunch. You are to put your pencils down and leave everything in this room, including your bags. Lunch will be served in the cafeteria where you will sit at your classes assigned table in order to prevent test answers or questions from spreading. I hope I don't need to remind you to not share answers or topics of the test with your classmates...it will result in failure of the course." Aizawa finished.

The winter winds seeming to hit right on cue as they blew around the school.

Iida raised his hand, Aizawa nodding his head over as a reply. "After the Pre-Tests are we allowed to help each other on things we struggled with?" Aizawa nodded, "Once the Pre-Test is completed and turned in, you may form study groups and hep each other as much as needed. The Pre-Test is simply to see where you are at currently and help you realize what you may need help on."

The class gave a collective sigh.

The bell rang and you immediately stood up to stretch. Your shoulders popped as you rolled them back, a yawn escaping your mouth as you wiped your eyes. The line began to move, the class filing out one y one, making sure to train their eyes on the floor so they didn't look like they were trying to cheat. It was unusually quiet in the halls. Only the first years were at lunch right now and you were all separated. As you walked, you heard someone begin to jog toward you.

You turned your head to see none other than your best friend Denki. "Oh my god that test blows!" He muttered, a smirk growing on your face as he walked beside you. "I think there are some easy ones, but I don't understand why they have to use all these extra words." Denki tapped his head, "They are trying to confuse us. It's a political scam!"

You could tell the yellow haired boy was trying to make you laugh, to cheer you up from the sadness that was evoked from a simple piece of paper. You let out a small laugh, his eyes lighting up before a few others decided to join your conversation. "I'm more upset we have to eat cafeteria food today..." Sero grumbled, rubbing his stomach as it growled. "I don't really understand who would put notes in their lunchbox." Momo questioned with a tap of her chin.

"Me." You and Denki replied quickly, enticing a laugh out of the both of you. "Besides you two." She added. "Literally anyone besides you and Iida Momo." The raven haired girl looked around, your friends agreeing with your statement as you continued on. There was light conversation made along the way, until you got into line and saw the food. It wasn't detestable, but wasn't a fan favorite. Denki groaned as you scooted up in line, him following just behind you. Everyone was eager to eat, most kids were to anxious to eat breakfast so the demand for sustenance was strong. Everyone was almost flat up against one another. "(Y/n), do you think you could help me study for these exams?"