Chapter 8

Once Terrell and I were settled on the blanket, I suddenly feel a tap on my shoulder. It's Wyatt. I stand up to greet him.

"Hey Wyatt, what are you doing here?"

"Just taking a stroll around the park. I couldn't help but notice your beautiful self over here. Oh and Terrell too." I look over at Terrell who is sitting on the blanket giving what seems to be a glare. I turn back around to face Wyatt who has a grin on his face.

"Well that was sweet of you to come over here to say hello." I give a smile and go to sit back down. Wyatt grabs my arm before I could sit down. I give him a confused look as he leads me away from Terrell and the blanket.

"Listen, I just wanted to tell you that I just transferred to your school. Now we can hang out with each other more. Wouldn't that be great, just to catch up on things?" I stand there starring at him for a moment before I speak.

"Your transferring in the middle of senior year?" I ask confused.

"Well, I did homeschool for a bit so I am pretty much caught up. My dad gave me a choice 

"Yeah, that would be great. I'm really interested to know what you have been up to." I smile and nod before going back to my picnic session. I sit down on the blanket and I prepare to eat some food.

"That guy doesn't sit right with me. You should be careful around him." Said Terrell. I look up at Terrell, about to take a bite of my sandwich. 

"He is super nice guy, trust me. I bet you and him are really gonna hit it off as friends." I give a giggle and proceed to eat my sandwich.

"Whatever you say." replies Terrell.

*The Next Day* 

I am grabbing my books from my locker as usual, with Terrell lurking in the hallway. I hear a locker slam shut right next to me and I flinch. The next thing I know, Jeremy is right by my side.

"Hey, I missed you over the weekend. Did you miss me?" he says. I give a scoff and turn around to leave for class. He grabs hold of my arm and yanks me back.

"Hey, I was talking to you." he says, raising his voice at me. I try ripping my arm away from his grip, but it was no use. His grip tightens around my bicep and I give out a little yelp. Suddenly I see a pair of hands grab Jeremy from behind. Only from a glimpse, I could see that it was Wyatt. He ripped Jeremy off of me and pushed him away from me.

"Hey, why don't you just leave her alone alright!" Wyatt yells. He goes to lunge at Jeremy, but decides against it. With all the yelling going on, everyone in the hall stopped what they were doing to see what all the commotion was going on about. I look around embarrassed, when suddenly I feel someone come up behind me. I knew instantly it was Terrell by his soft touch.

"Are you alright?" he asks concerned.

"Yeah. I'm fine." I see a classroom door suddenly swing open and a teacher walks out.

"Alright everyone, get to your classes now. There is nothing to gawk about." demanded the teacher. The students in the hallway obeys the command and proceeds to go to their classes. I see Jeremy walk off in a grump, Wyatt give me a reassuring smile, and Terrell slowly walking away from me, all before I get to class.

*At Home*   

"Man, that Jeremy is such a dickhead. I don't know why Wyatt didn't just deck him when he had the chance." Terrell states. I walk through the hallway into the living room throwing my backpack on a chair. I fall onto the couch and give a huge sigh. I start starring into space when I feel a hand land on my thigh. I snap out of my daze and look at Terrell.

"Hey, what's wrong?" asks Terrell.

"I could've sworn Jeremy was over me by now. This is not what he acts like; he doesn't just become obsessed with a girl unless he really likes her." I give a gasp and give a worried look towards Terrell.

"What if he likes me, like actually likes me. He never becomes clingy over a girl unless he has true feelings for them. There were only a rare few girls I have seen him act like this with. Maybe this is his way of showing that he really likes me then." I get up from the couch and start freaking out.

"I don't know what to do. I don't like him that way, but I also don't want to hurt his feelings. What do I do?!" I pace around the room, trying to come up with a way to let Jeremy down gently. In all my pacing, I didn't notice that Terrell had gotten up from the couch to give me a hug.

"Just calm down alright. This is nothing to be worried about. Tomorrow at school, you can walk up to him, and politely reject him. You don't have to be rude about it though. And if he has a problem with being rejected, he's got me to deal with." Terrell pulls me in tighter, making me feel safe in his arms. That's when I hear a knock at the door.

"Who is that?" I question.

"I don't know?" Terrell replies. I slowly walk towards the door and open it up. There was Wyatt, standing on the front porch.

"Hi." he says.

"Hi." I reply.