Chapter 2

"...and he will be your protector from here on out." I look over at Terrell and give him a quick nod. I run my eyes up and down his body to get a good look at him. It looks to me like he has heterochromia. One eye being a delicious chocolate brown color, and the other being an ocean blue color. He has big, plump lips, and dark lashes that really make his eyes pop. He has curly, dark brown hair, almost black looking. He is quite tall and fit, with tan skin that seems to be glowing. 

"Well its nice to meet you Terrell, but I have school today. So if you don't mind-"

"Oh no Addy, he's coming with you," my dad says with a stern look on his face.

"Oh come one. What harm could possibly come to me at school? Someone accidently spilling all their lunch on me? I have witnesses you know."

My dad rolls his eyes and continues to give me a stare down. I try my best to hold contact, but I give in.

"All right fine. I guess he can come. But he has to stay a good distance apart from me so people don't think he is with me." I look over at Terrell to see him look down quickly. I felt a small pang of guilt hit me when I said that. I give Terrell a reassuring look to let him know I didn't mean what I had said. I look over at my father and give a small sigh. 

"You know what, he can follow me to anywhere I go around the school. I guess the rest of the students will just have to deal with a hot guy following me around all day." I glance over at Terrell to see what his reaction is when I said that. He locked eyes with me and it looked to me like he was giving me a smile. It's hard to tell what his full expression is since he is wearing a mask, but I can tell from those beautiful blue brown eyes that he forgot about what I had said earlier. 

*At school*

I get out of the car and walk to the front of the school, with Terrell close behind. As I'm about to open the door to the school, Terrell walks in front of me and opens it for me. I was a little taken aback because he got to the door so quickly without me noticing. "Um, thank you Terrell." I see him give a quick nod before I enter the school. He holds the door open for a few more people before entering himself. I start walking through the halls before I start noticing people staring. Although, they aren't staring at me. They are staring at Terrell. It's mainly all the girls staring though. I ignore all the stares pointed towards Terrell as I walk towards my locker. I see someone familiar standing at my locker and realize it's Jeremy. I give a little huff and slowly walk over to him. "Your in front of my locker." He gives a smirk and remains in his spot. "Excuse me, did you not hear me?" 

"I'm sorry, I just got lost in your eyes for a second there." Jeremy gives me the a huge grin before backing away from my locker.  Out of my peripheral vision, I can see Terrell a few lockers down staring daggers at Jeremy. I can feel myself blushing at the thought of Terrell protecting me from people like Jeremy. I open my locker and grab any books I might need. The bell suddenly rings and kids start moving in herds to get to their classes. Jeremy gives me a quick wink before heading off to his own class. I take a look behind my shoulder and notice that Terrell is nowhere to be seen. Maybe he took me seriously about having to stay far enough away from me. I hope that's not the case. I'm starting to like having him around, even though I just met him today. 

I finish second period and make my way towards the lunchroom. I get my tray full of food and hurry over to a table where my friends are sitting at.  As I sit down, Mary and Lucy are all ready on the edge of their seats, ready for the details about the mysterious stranger who came to school with me today. "Girl, give us all the tea. Who is that handsome stranger following you around?" Mary states as she is chomping down on a carrot. "Well, as you guys know, my dad works a dangerous job. He isn't home most of the time, so he hired a bodyguard to watch over me." 

"So you get to have a handsome bodyguard follow you around wherever you go? That is so hot," Lucy exclaims. 

I give a small chuckle before I notice Terrell standing by the doors to the lunchroom. Both Mary and Lucy give each other a look before following my gaze towards Terrell.

"Damn, he sure is fine. I got to get me one of those for myself." I give look over at Lucy and give her a 'are you serious' look. I get up out of my seat to go talk to Terrell when Jeremy gets in my way. "Do we really have to go through this again Jeremy. Get out of my way," I say sternly. 

"Oh come on. Every other girl in this school wants me. Why don't you?" 

"Maybe because I'm built different, I don't know." I try to push past Jeremy, but he refuses to let me pass. 

"No. Your not going anywhere until you tell me why you don't like me."

"Just leave me alone!" As I say this, I see Terrell coming towards me and Jeremy. He stands right in front of me so he can block Jeremy's view of me. Terrell towers over Jeremy to seem more threatening. Jeremy give an irritated huff and starts walking away.

"This isn't over you know!" yells Jeremy, as he pushes past a few people to exit out of the lunchroom.

I look around to see at least a hundred pairs of eyes staring at me. I can feel tears forming in my eyes, and I suddenly run out of the lunchroom crying. I run to the girls bathroom to be alone. I realize that Terrell was following me, but I need to be alone for a bit. I slam the girls bathroom door open and find an empty stall to relive my sadness. 

Hello people reading my story. I just wanted to get this out real quick. I know in the hashtags, it said that there would be a love triangle, but obviously that took a different turn. I'll just see where my ideas take me. You guys probably don't even care about the stupid hashtag, but I just needed to say it. Ok bye :)