Chapter 3

Once I felt that my eyes couldn't produce anymore tears, I unlocked the bathroom stall and slowly walked over to the mirror. I stare intently at myself. My auburn hair is tied up into a messy bun, almost halfway undone. My sea green eyes are puffy from crying, mascara running down my face like a black river. I turn the sink faucet on and proceed to wash my face. Once I finish, I try my best to make myself look somewhat descent. That's when a thought of Terrell came into my mind. I haven't stopped thinking about him almost this whole day. His muscular biceps popping out of his shirt whenever he folds his arms. That intense stare he gives to everyone around him. The soft look he gives when he's staring at me. I've come to the conclusion that I like Terrell. I quickly shake my head of the thought and exit out of the bathroom.

"Hey, are you ok?" The deep voice startled me unexpectedly. That's when I realize that it was Terrell's voice.

"So you can speak. I'm alright, I just needed to clear my mind real quick. Where you standing here the whole time?" I give a questioning look towards Terrell.

"Only after I gave a few harsh warning's toward that asshole called Jeremy." I was about to say something funny when the bell beat me to it. I give a quick wave goodbye towards Terrell before heading off to the last of my classes. 

After school ends, I walk out the school doors and make my way towards the school parking lot. I see Terrell already beat me to it, because he is leaning up against the front of my car. 

I reach my car before unlocking it. I was about to get in the drivers seat when Terrell stopped me.

"What are you doing?" I say surprised.

"I'm driving."

"Um, ok," I say, giving a nervous giggle. Terrell walks over to the passenger side door and opens it for me. I give a little smile showing my thanks, and file into the car. Terrell closes the door and continues to the drivers side. He turns the key in the ignition and drives away. 

I fiddle with my fingers in my lap, not really sure what to say. Before I could say anything though, Terrell decides to speak up.

"So that guy Jeremy, does he always pick on you like that?" I give a quick look over at Terrell before continuing to fiddle with my hands.

"He does that to every girl he cant get. Of course he's gotten with almost all the girls in the whole school, so he just chose me as his next target." I can see Terrell's jaw clench from out of the corner of my eye at the answer I gave him. 

"You don't have to worry about him though. He only pesters so much that when he does, he gives up and goes to the next one." 

"But what about what he said to you, 'this isn't over.'" Terrell gives a quick look over to me before focusing his attention back on the road.

"I doubt he's gonna do anything. Once he realizes that I don't give a shit about him, he will just simply stop. No more having to deal with a big pain in my ass." Terrell gives a quick smirk from under the mask before we make our way home.

As we are approaching my house, I see my dad and a bunch of his men talking angrily on the front lawn. This is weird, I thought to myself.  Terrell and I both give each other worried looks before parking in the driveway. I jump out of the and run towards my dad.

"Dad, what's going on?"

"The guy we are trying to work with is trying to reason with something that I cannot give!" says my dad with a stiff body and a scowl on his face. I step back a few feet scared of what my dad is trying to say.

"Well, what do you mean. Is he trying to reason with money. I-I don't understand?"

"No. He's trying to reason with me... to get to you."