NINE: PSYCHO MOM

Ire's pov

In came one of the last persons I expected, Mrs Mumure. Damola stood up immediately and bow to her.

"Welcome Mrs Mumu"

"Mrs Mumure" She corrected him. I'm sure damola said that intentionally not to mistake.

I ignore her.

"Ire, my son how are you doing?" She asked.

"I was fine before some people came to ruin it" I answered.

She took the couch in the office.

"So what brings you here?" Damola asked as he sat down.

"I came to talk" She replied

"About?"

"My husband and I wants to do business with you" She replied.

"Mrs Mumure, can you go straight to the point" I said getting annoyed.

"Sorry, my husband company wants to patner with yours"

"And if I may ask, how?"

"We want to buy some shares"

Damola and I laughed. I'm sure that pained her.

"Can you tell me how you want to buy shares because the last time I checked your husband company is going down the drain?"

She gasped.

"How do you know that?"

"We have our ways" Damola answered. Who is the 'we'. "How do you expect us to do business with you when you're one of our enemies, Mrs mumure"

"I wasn't talking to you damola" She said raising her voice.

"Mrs Mumure, this is an office environment not a place for animals. And also I would advise you to respect my personal assistant just like you would do to me" I glared at her

"Sorry" She muttered

There was silence before she spoke again.

"Ire, I also...."

"It is Mr Adeleke to you" I interrupted.

"I heard that my daughter visited you yesterday" She said with a smile.

"Did she also tell you I sent her away?"

"Why did you do that?"

"Mrs Mumure, when a question is asked, it requires an answer not another question"

"Yes, she told me that, why did you do that?" She asked again.

"Because I had nothing to do with her"

She stood up and moved to the seat opposite the table.

"She made a mistake and she has realised that"

"After four years, wow, that's a miracle right Ire?" Damola asked glaring her her.

"Yes, the number of years doesn't even matter, she told me to give her space which I did, how long did she expect me to wait?"

"She is sorry, I know you still love her"

"What!, I never loved her, the love was one sided even the one side never even love the other. I have never told her I did love her when we were still in a relationship, she was the only one saying that"

"That's a lie" She muttered but I read her lips.

"The only one who has always been a lie is your daughter. I told her I liked her but not loved her" I growl making her flinch.

"Mrs Mumu, there's a difference between like and love, check your dictionary" Damola added.

"That doesn't matter anymore, she still loves you and is ready to wait till you love her back"

I wanted to reply but damola beat me to it.

"In her analogue mind" He said with a smirk.

He received a glare from her.

"Mrs Mumure, thanks for visiting but I have an important meeting to attend to" I said looking at my watch.

"Okay" She stood up with her bag.

"One more thing, tell your husband that there can never be a business relationship between us" I added.

********
Adaeze pov

I just had my bath after having a long day at the restaurant. I walked over to the living room, Stella was flipping through the channels.

"Hey" She looked up and dropped the remote.

"Ada, you never told me what happened yesterday at Ire's house"

"Nothing really" I sat beside her.

"I know you Ada, nothing is something".

"Okay, we were planning the arrangement for the party when a lady called sekemi came" I said.

"Is that his sister?" She asked picking the remote, her eyes moved to the TV.

"No" I answered.

"Then who is she?"

"His ex"

She turned her head at me so quickly.

"Ex?" She asked.

"Yeah"

"What does she want?"

" I don't really know, but it was his mother who invited her over"

"How is this ex?"

"Nothing much, but she is so snobbish" I answered remembering how she ignored me.

"Hope she didn't spoil your mood?"

"No, I don't even care if she ever existed" I mutterd the last part.

Stella laughed.

Vote
Comment
Share