THIRTY EIGHT: THE PROPOSAL

Adaeze

"It's so nice to finally meet the lady who has been shaking social media" Ayra Starr said as she shook hers with mine.

"Same here" I replied smiling at her

We moved on to greet other people. Ire just opened the largest hotel in port harcourt city and here we are in the opening event.

A lot of influential men and women were in attendance including Aliko Dangote and his family.

I got to meet the Otedola's, William Uchemba and his wife, ay comedian and more to mention a few.

Some even asked for my number making me feel like a celebrity already.

Damola who just came back from a trip to Dubai was also present.

You should have seen how annoyed Ire was when Olamide stayed at his house but most of the time Olamide was at my parent's house.

"Ire, thank you" I said.

"For?"

"Everything, I never thought I would ever meet this people in my entire life. If anyone had to,do me I would be here months back, I would have probably laughed in their face" He placed a kiss on my fore head.

The master of testimony welcomed everyone since most of the invited people had come already.

A lot of speech were done with the introduction of people present and finally Ire was called to the stage.

He was clapped for till he got there. He welcomed everyone again and started the talk he had been planning all day.

"First I want to say a big thanks to God to had kept this company running sine the day it started.

Our mission of changing the perspective of people has been working as planned. Our goals has been working according to the two 'e' and 'c' which is equity, economy, convenience and certainty.

Based on equity, labour is distributed to all whether young or old as we believe that as long as one is alive, anyone can be done economy the money we spend is never more than we have acquired. Convenience you don't have to travel far distance before you get to the company because I am here to announce you that we have a total of 342 branches in Nigeria and 182 branches in other part of Africa not to mention the ones abroad"

No one was moving neither talking to show that the man up there commanded respect.

"Certainty when we say something we must do it we are not like a particular country government who keeps promising but keeps failing". People laughed knowing fully well the country he was talking about.

"We have gone a long way all thanks to everyone who stayed with us from the very beginning,a lot of people keep saying that man is bloody rich, he is swimming in money but the don't know that this man started from somewhere.

I grew up in a wealthy environment maids at every corner of the house but I remain focused because I have one goal life which I am proud to say I have achieved."

I didn't realise I had tears in my eyes not until Stella handed me an handkerchief, I thanked her and turned to Ire who was still talking.

"I worked so hard not knowing I was getting married to my job-"

Stella leaned in and whispered "That was not in the script. He's diverting and talking about you"

"Shhh"

"No, he is not" I said earning a scoff from her.

"I don't think so my friend, lover boy eyes is on you" She pointed out.

I looked back, ire was staring but this time he was walking down the stairs from the stage coming in my direction.

What is he doing?

The music in the background changed, can help falling in love with you started playing.

My heart was beating.

He stopped and brought out a small golden box from his back pocket, kneeling on one knee.

"Adaeze, I'm not good with words but with you I can't learn all the definition of love.

You came into my life in that restaurant and from that moment I knew you were the one. I was beyond stunned by your beauty, my heart skipping a beat each time I see you.

I love everything about you, how you keep blinking you eyes when nervous, the way your cheeks turn red each time you blush, the way you pout your lips to prevent yourself from laughing, the way you rub your palms when you are over excited like you are doing now"

I looked at my hands to see i was doing just that.

He opened the box revealing a silver ring, large diamonds protecting one in the middle which stood out.

It was beautiful.

"Adaeze, stupid friend of mine wanted me to search up marriage proposals but I refused, why would I say the same set of words that has been used on another woman?"

I knew the friend he was talking about was Damola.

"Remember that time I told you about the girl I loved in my car, you were that girl. It was frustrating that I kept on giving you signs but you never saw it. One thing was sure I never gave up and never will even now.

Adaeze, I want to be your last goodnight and first good morning for the rest of your life.

So, Amahe Jemima Adaeze, would you do me a favour by changing that name to Adeleke Jemima Adaeze, will you marry me?" He asked.

"Yes ire, yes I will marry you" I screamed not mind the attention that was on us.

A bright smile spread across his handsome face and he slid the ring on my finger and stood up.

For the first time, I pulled him down and kissed him.

We pulled away to catch breath.

"I love you" I said to him.

I forgot about the audience around us until I heard clicks of camera.

"The media" I whispered hiding my face in his suit.

"Let the world know you aremine" He replied placing a kiss on my fore head.

"I am yours" I assured him.

Short chapter I know.

How was it?

Happy Independence to my fellow Nigerians, wishing Nigeria better day ahead.